Chapter 8

Third Person

It has now been two more days since Cameron started living with her brothers. Owen had to go back to work since he couldn't miss any more work, Mason had college and Noah had school.

So today was Camerons first day in her new daycare. The boys were more worried than the little girl.

Right now she sat in her car seat as Owen drove her to the day car. She was wearing a pair of pink tracksuit bottoms and a white long sleeved, 'Trolls' top that had Poppy on the front. She wore her favourite colourful twinkle toe runners. Her hair had been left down to flow over her shoulders.

Her coat and her small Minnie Mouse bag sat in the passenger seat. Ellie wasn't with her. Much to Camerons dismay but Mason wouldn't let her bring it because of germs or her losing it.

They had finally arrived in the decent sized car park. Cameron looked out the window to see the big rainbow sign 'Sunshine Daycare'. Owen got out the front grabbing her bag and coat. Coming around to help her out of the car.

Once he helped her out. A rush of excitement hit Cameron. She was about to run off to the door but Owen caught her wrist.

"Cam we need to put on your coat first." He held out her coat for her to put an arm in each hole. Then he took her hand walking into the daycare with the bag in his other hand.

When they walked in Owen went towards the receptionist.

"Hi I was here the other day talking to Juila. It's Cameron first day." Owen explained. Cameron looked around the room. Eyeing all of the other kids drawings on the wall.

"Ah yes Cameron Davis. Well my name is Tracey. Its nice to meet you Mr.Davis. Julia should be out soon."

Owen nodded and they moved away from the desk. Soon Julia came out to the waiting area and walked towards Cameron and Owen. A wave of shyness soon hit little Cameron and she hid behind Owens big leg.

She was wearing a green maxi dress with a leather jacket. It complimented her dark skin.

Owen and Julia shook hands. "Hi Owen its nice to see you again. I see you brought a guest this time."

She crouched down to Camerons eye level. Owen was still holding her hand and he pushed her forward a little bit.

"So you must be Cameron? Well I'm Julia and I love Trolls too. Its my favourite movie." Julias tone was soft and excitment filled her voice when talking about Trolls.

This made Cameron nodded her head.

"It's my fwvourite too." Cameron started to blush.

"Well then Owen why don't you say goodbye to Cameron and we will head on in. You can collect her at four." Julia stood up taking a step back so Owen could say goodbye to Cameron.

This time Owen crouched down to Camerons eye level.

"Right well Cam I have to go now. I'll be back later to collect you. Please be good. Everything you need is in your bag. Mason packed a lunch and a drink for you." He pulled her into a hug which she gladly accepted. He gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and Cameron gave him one on the cheek.