12

☀︎

Walking down the bustling streets, I ignore the thoughts bursting through my mind. My priorities need to be in order, the first target is Mr. Romano. My fingers itch to kill that monster, deliver some of the same pain to him as he did to me. There is no humanity in him, he killed an entire family, a fucking child. 

That is no man, that is a horrific monster. 

A figure looms closer to me, my instinct kicks in when I turn into the nearest alley. Much as expected, the person follows me in here and I grab my knife instantly. Stopping at the end of the alley I turn around slowly, seeing an unfamiliar man standing there with a serious expression on his face. 

"Who are you?" I spit at him. 

Seconds pass before he decides to answer, "That's not where your attention should be. I was called here in order to warn you, Martinelli. You must've done something terrible to someone, because there is a search warrant out for you. No one knows who instigated it, but there is a number we should call when we find you, dead or alive. Be careful with who you decide to trust."

"I don't trust anyone. Not you either, you have no reason to seek me out like this. If anything, you could easily pounce on me and dial the number yourself," My cold words carry through the nightly air. 

He shakes his head and shows me his hands in surrender, "I'm here with no ill intention. My people are very intrigued by you, how you grew from the shadows, your skills are otherworldly. It's clear that you joined this world with a goal, but no one knows exactly what that goal is. Patience is virtue, right now I'm patiently waiting for you to attack and show your true intentions. These people want you out, they want to battle it out with you. Testing you. Seeing just how strong you truly are."

Tilting my head to the side, I scan his features and find nothing but honesty. The man appears to be truthful, but I have no clue what he could possibly gain from warning me. 

"They want battle? I'll give them a fucking war. Now, will you tell me why you're here and informing me? Don't give me that curiosity and patience bullshit. We both know that's a lie."

"It's confidential, but someone requested me to go here and tell you. You shouldn't be wandering the streets like this, not when a lot of dangerous people are out to find you."

Stepping closer to him I tap him with the knife in my hand, he draws a panicked breath. "Don't order me around, stronzo. I am the architect of my own destruction, I'll keep it that way."

He simply nods his head and I leave him there. Walking away from the scene and instantly dialling on my phone.

"Hello," His familiar voice answers. 

"Rocco, you need to investigate what the fuck is going on. Why is there a warrant out for me? I thought it was a pathetic attempt at getting to me, but clearly it's something deeper than that," The confusion is apparent on my voice. 

"I did hear something about it, give me until tomorrow to figure things out. Until then you should stay away from crowds, you are alone and never know if anyone has decided to plot anything against you. Allow me to help you with this," Rocco truly has been a great help during these years, we met during a party and have been attached ever since. He turned out to be great at investigating and I've been using his skills. 

"Fucking hell, I don't have the time for this bullshit. You get until tomorrow, Rocco. I'm out of the apartment again by tomorrow night, this plan can't go to shit because of some coward who's out for my blood. If they wanted me dead, they could've killed me by now. They need to come out to play, I can't do anything unless they show themselves."

"You shouldn't tempt them. Hide away for the time being, then you can get on with the plan and I can seek out information on Mr. Romano."

"I'm placing a lot of trust in you," I state the obvious and he laughs humorlessly. 

"When are you not, Eloisa?" 

"Don't make me regret it."

"I would never," He promises and that's good enough for me. 

Hanging up on the call I hurry into my apartment, locking the door behind me and ensuring that I wasn't followed. This life is the new normal for me, constantly watching my back. Fortunately for me, people would be absolutely stupid if they ever tried to attack me. 

My home is filled with weapons and tools to gain power and inflict pain, they wouldn't leave this apartment alive.

I unwrap the holster around my thigh and drop the weapons on the kitchen island, sitting down on one of the stools I release a heavy sigh. The thrill and confusion of what truly occurred tonight leaves my mind reeling. 

Luis was one fucked up bastard and his stunt was predictable. He was fucking insane and I'm glad he's dead. 

Scanning the apartment, the blue couch in the corner was bought on impulse and now I adore the pop of color in the blackness of my home. The kitchen cabinets are dark wood, the countertop a white marble. Everything in here is perfectly aligned, but if you enter the door hiding in the depths of my bedroom closet you can find the true intentions of this home. 

In there my torture room is hidden, the black room with one chair placed in the middle. Dried up blood everywhere, one scrawny lamp adding to the eerie vibe in there. That room is hidden for obvious reasons.

Bodies I tortured for information, bodies I scarred until they begged me to die. Bodies that slowly, but surely, ripped every humane shard of me apart. 

They often ask me if I have a heart when I perform torture. I simply smile at them and tilt my head to the side, ensuring them that a heart is impossible to have, when you've stopped so many others from beating. 

That's what I tell them before I kill them. 

I'm fucking fucked up in the head.