Chapter 1

I clutched my bookbag tighter to my body, and walked down the hallway with a fake sneer on my face, purposely bumping into the other kids rushing to reach their class on time.

My heart dropped when I saw Harry, Ron and Hermione coming in my direction. I held my head higher and made myself shove Harry when he was close enough, willing the butterflies and tingles away.

"Watch it," I growled, and was shocked when Harry just picked his stuff off the floor and did not retort. However, my face held its mocking expression as I strutted away, doing my best to ignore the guilt and sadness clawing away inside me.

As I sat at the back of my History of Magic class, I couldn't help but envy the bond between Harry and his friends. Sure I had friends, but we weren't close. It was a friendship of convenience, not a real bond. A lump formed in my throat and my eyes welled with tears. Sitting alone at this desk really made me realise how lonely I was.

I quitely slipped out of the classroom, slinking away to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

I did a little spell to lock the bathroom, and collapsed on the floor, preparing myself for another panic attack. I clenched my eyes shut and my nails digged into my hands, probably drawing blood.

Harry's pov

I watched as Draco's eyes filled with tears, my hands itching to caress his cheeks and hug him tight to my chest, to protect him from everyone.

As he sneakily went out of the classroom, I raised my hand, asking to go to the washroom. I quickly exited the room, following Draco to Myrtle's bathroom.

I stayed behind the locked door for a while, listening in to see if he was okay. When I heard heaving breaths through the door, I did a spell to open the door and shoved inside.

I crouched down in front of Draco and gently cupped his cheeks. I whispered to him,"Hey, it's okay. I'm here, you're safe."

Draco just whimpered softly and dug his nails into his palms further, making me reach forward and uncurl his hands. I tugged him onto my lap, pushing his head in my neck, and gently rocked him side to side.

He clutched my robes in his hands, nuzzling his head in my neck. I pecked his hair a few times and continued rubbing his back. My soft crooning had made him fall asleep. As I held him in my arms, I couldn't deny my attraction towards him, but it was useless. He didn't like me, he hated my guts. I looked wistfully down at him, burying my face in his shoulder and breathing in his scent, knowing this could be the last time I would ever be so close to him.

I slowly picked myself up off the floor, with Draco still in my arms. I reajusted him so he was on my hip and carried him out the bathroom. I knew everyone would be in the Great Hall for dinner, so I quickly carried him towards the dungeons and his dorm room.

Laying him down on his bed, I pulled the covers up to his chin and tucked him in. After pressing kisses all over his cheeks and forehead and nose, I reluctantly pulled away and drew the curtains around his bed, rushing to the Gryffindor common room.

As I fell asleep that night, I couldn't keep those silver eyes out of my mind, well even more than usual.