Prologue

New, York Manhattan was a city of proud establishments. The sun had glared down at the civilians below who walked amongst the sidewalks, entrapped in their own lives as they shifted directions as to where they wanted to go.

Vehicles had buzzed about their engines revived and the tires shrieked as they made twists and turns along the intersections. You'd normally see people printing to catch the bus, her belongings in hand, on the brisk of spiling out on the sidewalk occupied by the crowd as they mindessly continued about their schedule. The sign hung above shifting lights in order to keep traffic at bay. The buildings and skyscrapers stood tall reflecting the sun and towering above all.

Everything about New York had shouted industrialization, one of mankent's creations you'd think that mankind alone would be the most dominant species that roamed the earth, modernizing everything with their creative minds and ambitious endeavors with so much as a distinctive touch. It would be appropriate to say that humans are one of the most red species, the top predators in the totem pole as a vast majority.

in this world, you're only half-night.

The powers and sements to the royalty of mankind were tested in one single day. All a book was an outsider to cave everything humans had worked so hard to establish in and send the dead toppling over one another. Humans that were the hunters had quickly become the hunted descended further down the depths of the food chain.

Money transportation credit and debit cards were some of the many things you needed to get by and survive in New York. Now they're only artifacts of the past.

The sun rarely rose above the clouds to this day, no civilians had roamed about the sidewalks and across the streets. There was no sign of traffic at all, from busses to regular can, they remained frozen as they blocked off streets, some were either compressed, car doors were open, glass was shatered and dust had collected on the windshields that were still untouched. It was as if someone had frozen in time during the night it all began, the day the humans became the ultimate prey. Vehicles were flipped upside down or were tom apart entirely debris scattered along the streets. The buildings that once stood that were other smashed to smithereens toppled over the other like dominoes, rested over the other buildings, the smaller buildings and cars. Anything that had convicted these buildings of what they were meant for in the past was no longer there. In fact, the windows were either shattered, the skyscrapers had either looked as if they had been sliced in hat, gigantic holes in several whist lacking windows. The city had looked as if it was frozen in time.

Aa if the destruction of human industrialization was forever put on display.

The culprits behind this great tragedy had yet to be quite understood. Their actions have been Inown to outamat many people. Their entire purpose for setting on this land is only a mystery Now they roam earth to their own desires.

Luckily, there were several civiliane that had dodged the attacks.

Though the humans were no longer the highest ranking species amongst the pyramid, they've learned to adapt to their new surroundings.

After all, humans are known to have great adaptability skills, right?