two bit|baby, you're a haunted house, gerard way

"in the dark, we laugh together, cause the misery's funny to you."

baby, you're a haunted house|gerard way

*third person pov*
some days it felt like it was all too much. she felt like she was suffocating underneath some unknown force. she coped in different ways, whether it be staring blankly at the television or rereading the same sentence in a book over and over again. constantly being torn between wanting surround herself with people and wanting to isolate herself completely was exhausting.

when she actually wanted to be around people it was usually her boyfriend, two bit. he didn't really understand what was happening with her, but he still tried his best to comfort the girl. he would get the occasional chuckle out of her after cracking a joke. she could see the relief in his face when he did so. not because his joke went over well, but because he knew she was feeling okay, even if it was just for a split second.

sometimes he stayed with her, if she wanted him to, and they talked late into the night. he didn't care if he was so tired to the point he couldn't keep his eyes open another second. he just wanted to keep her as happy as he could.

tonight was one of the nights he stayed with her. they laid together in the dark amongst tangled bedsheets. she laid with her back tightly against his chest. his head burrowed into the crook of her neck.

while they laid like this, two bit told her stories he'd heard from his friends or old wives tales. the occasional giggle slipping through their lips would break the silence of the night.

even in moments like these where it seemed like everything was as good as it could get, there was still the lingering feeling of sorrow. knowing that when this ended it could be rough again. they both were aware of it in the back of their heads, but for the time being they chose to ignore it. all that mattered was now. even if things would take a turn for the worse, the stories and the jokes would get them through it. as morbid as it sounds, misery seemed to produce the best of times.

hey everyone here's another song inspired imagine. i wrote this within an hour so it's horrible but i'm of proud of myself for actually updating. the song itself is about being in love and loving people while still having to deal with mental illness which is something i can relate to quite a bit. i based my writing off my own experience with this type of thing so that's why it may not be completely universal. i hope all of you are doing well. as always thanks for reading and love you all.

also what should i name the rat in my ceiling? it's annoying as fuck and i hate it but it still needs a name.