forty

"Happy Birthday," Wyatt whispered into my ear as his strong arms pulled me closer to his chest.

I cracked my eyes open and reached behind me to brush his hair as I watched the early morning sunlight pour into my window.

"It doesn't feel like my birthday," I mumbled.

"It definitely it, Grayson has reminded me every single day for the past week," He chuckled.

"If you say so," I smiled, finally turning over to face him. I placed a light kiss on his lips, "Aren't we supposed to be in school right now?"

"Yes, but it's your birthday, so we're not going."

"What did my mother say about this?" I asked him, running my fingers through his messy morning hair.

"She said it was fine, your brother isn't going to school either to make it fair," Wyatt promised.

"So, if we're not going to school, what are we doing today?" I asked.

"That's something I'm not telling you," He smirked as he leaned in to kiss my forehead.

"How about instead of doing whatever you planned, we just lay here all day and sleep?" I suggested as I shut my eyes again.

"That's no fun," Wyatt frowned.

"It's fun for me since I'm slightly over twenty-nine weeks pregnant with your baby," I sighed.

"Okay fine, I'll let you sleep while I make breakfast, how about that?" Wyatt suggested.

I cracked one eye open, "What are you going to make?"

"Chocolate chip pancakes."

"You are free to head to the kitchen, my subject," I smirked.

"Thank you, your majesty," He smiled before placing a kiss on my head and getting out of bed. He shut the door behind him and I immediately cuddled into his pillow before falling back asleep.

I felt like no more than five minutes when the lights flicked on in my room. I groaned and cracked open my eyes to find Wyatt holding two plated of pancakes.

"It only feels like I slept for another five minutes," I groaned sitting up in bed.

"Kennedy, you slept another hour," Wyatt chuckled as he handed me a plate.

"That's not long enough," I pouted before taking a bite of the pancakes Wyatt had made.

"This is why I keep you around," I smiled, pointing my fork at my plate.

"You just went from tired to happy in like a split second, I didn't know pancakes were miracle workers," Wyatt chuckled as he sat down next to me.

"They are when you're pregnant," I laughed. The sides of Wyatt's mouth turned up as he turned on the TV. He put on a random movie for some background noise before going back to eating his breakfast. I finished mine quickly and hugged Wyatt's side as I waited for him to finish his food.

"Thank you for breakfast," I mumbled into his shoulder.

"Anything for the birthday girl," He grinned. I looked at him and smiled.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," He whispered back, leaning down to place a kiss on my lips, "Now it's time to get ready. One of your gifts is waiting for you in the bathroom."

"I wonder what it could be," I noted as I pushed myself off the bed, I headed into the bathroom to find a box with a neat bow sitting on the counter. I opened the card and saw that the gift was from Arden. I opened the box to find a stunning light blue maternity dress with sparkles sprinkled all over.