zone 11: stigma

[about this longing

making me regret it all]

Hana's POV

I slowly open my heavy eyelids and notice how weak my body is as I try to move. I'm sore everywhere. My face feels so dry and puffy. How long have I been sleeping? As I try to remember what happened, the first thing that pops into mind is Hyunjin. He left. I made him leave. I feel my heart sink, making my insides ache and my brain explodes. Out of nowhere, I let out a loud scream of pain. There are no more tears left to cry that I had to yell out my emotions.

As I continue to screech, the door of my room swings open and SM enters with two guards. I cover my face to hide my sadness and groan loudly.

"Good, you're awake," SM first says, making me roll my eyes behind my face. I am not in the mood to speak to him. There is no reason for him to be here. He shot Jaehyun. Jaehyun! I remember he is at Taeyeon's right now. "What you pulled yesterday was unacceptable," I scoff and remove my hands from my face to glare at SM. He has a serious look on his face that does not phase me one bit.

"And what you have done to me is?" I question. "You don't have control over me. You forced me to be here."

"Wow, not even a thank you after we saved you from yourself," SM reveals which makes me confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Your friends don't care about you anymore. Don't you see it? You're meant to be here now. You have to move on," SM dodges my question. Hyunjin's voice pops in my head again.

"She doesn't care about me so why should I care about her?"

My voice disappears and I stay silent as I sit on my bed.

"Jaehyun is okay," SM informs me. "He's in a coma though," I try to get out of bed but almost collapse, noticing how weak I am. The guards beside SM immediately run to my side and help me back into my bed. What happened yesterday?

"Hana, you know I do care about you. You're not just a hostage here," SM tries to sympathize with me. "After the three years you have been here, I was hoping you'd come around and realize that SM Town is your home," I shake my head.

"I may have made friends here and I may have helped you guys out but SM Town is not my home," I say in a breathless voice. I can barely breathe as I sit on my bed.

"You should get some rest," SM says. "We'll speak later."

No One's POV

Ever since they got back from SM Town, Hyunjin has been locked up in his room. No one has dared to check on him because they're afraid he will snap at them. Wonpil and Jeongin stand outside his apartment door, contemplating on knocking.

"You want to knock or should I?" Wonpil asks and Jeongin shakes his head nervously. "He hasn't eaten today," Wonpil says worriedly, looking down at the sandwich they brought him.

"Can you hear him inside?" Jeongin asks Wonpil to use his heightened hearing. Wonpil concentrates and hears sobbing from inside. His heart cracks a little just by hearing Hyunjin's silent cries. He sighs and frowns, signaling to Jeongin that it isn't good.

"Maybe this is the wrong time," Jeongin says and is about to retreat but Wonpil pulls him back by the sleeve of his shirt.

"C'mon," Wonpil stays put and knocks on the door four times. They both hold their breaths as they wait for a response. It is dead quiet on the other side of the door. Wonpil uses his hearing but does not hear anything but dead air.