1.13 Rival

Reference:

Metropolitan Nekoma High School:
Head Coach - Nekomata Yasufumi
Coach - Naoi Manabu
#1 Kuroo Tetsurō (Captain) - 3 - MB
#2 Kai Nobuyuki (Vice Captain) - 3 - WS / Opposite Hitter
#3 Yaku Morisuke - 3 - Li
#4 Yamamoto Taketora (Ace) - 2 - WS / Outside Hitter
#5 Kozume Kenma - 2 - S
#6 Fukunaga Shōhei - 2 - WS / Outside Hitter
#7 Inuoka Sō - 1 - MB
#12 Shibayama Yūki - 1 - Li

Metropolitan Nekoma High School: Head Coach - Nekomata Yasufumi Coach - Naoi Manabu #1 Kuroo Tetsurō (Captain) - 3 - MB #2 Kai Nobuyuki (Vice Captain) - 3 - WS / Opposite Hitter #3 Yaku Morisuke - 3 - Li #4 Yamamoto Taketora (Ace) - 2 - WS / Outsi...

***

Ai thanked the visiting coaches for making the trip to Miyagi and administered the event. While Kiyoko kept more simple notes about the agenda and tallied the scores of each set, Ai's hand never stopped moving. Her mechanical pencil went through countless lead sticks, and whenever her handwriting was too slow, she switched to English and wrote everywhere on the page. In addition to that, she sprinted to refill the water bottles and retrieve clean towels.

She picked up on Nekoma's ideology by watching them play firsthand. Whatever they did, they never let the ball touch the ground. One play seemed to go on for minutes without fail of receives. They were patient but went in for points intelligently.

.

It was a blessing to have three practice matches, although they lost all six sets. The team got compliments from the other team's coach, and they started cleaning up. Ai of course helped them, knowing that the players must be exhausted.

However, it quickly became a time to socialize and talk with them individually. Tanaka made a new friend in his rival Taketora, and Kageyama tried to pressure Kenma into giving up his deepest secrets as a setter.

After seeing him scaring the other setter away, she slapped a hand on his shoulder. "Tobio, don't peck on the cats just because they scratched you today."

"I- I wasn't pecking...!" He became flustered.

"Yes, you were. Now, go put that net back."

He grumbled but did as he was told by his older manager.

Ai smiled at Hinata and Inuoka, the No. 7 who had chased him back and forth across in front of the net. As Tsukishima was getting a lecture to act more like a high schooler, she walked over to him and the other captain.

"Well, Kuroo-san. I believe he's perfect the way he is now."

She grabbed Tsukishima's collar and pulled down fiercely, making him bend over. A faint fragrance of the lavender oil reached her nose when the distance between them closed. "No need to worry, Kei. You'll let your walls come down eventually." To soften her harsh actions, she cupped his left cheek and gave the other one a light kiss.

He blushed madly and became discreetly flustered. Did she just call him "Kei"?

"Oh? I don't recall having a proper introduction, miss?"