1.20 Oikawa Tōru is Not a Genius

Wow, so many views and votes!!
You are all so amazing and kind!!!

Thank you so much!!!
Best readers ever!😭💕

Also, the chapter "Height Comparisons" is now updated with all of Fukurōdani, Shiratorizawa, Inarizaki, and more!!! 😊

***

Reference:

Aoba Johsai Private High School (Seijoh):
Head Coach - Irihata Nobuteru
Coach - Mizoguchi Sadayuki
#1 Oikawa Tōru (Captain) - 3 - S
#2 Matsukawa Issei - 3 - MB
#3 Hanamaki Takahiro - 3 - WS / Outside Hitter
#4 Iwaizumi Hajime (Vice Captain & Ace) - 3 - WS / Outside Hitter
#6 Yahaba Shigeru - 2 - S / Pinch Server
#7 Watari Shinji - 2 - Li
#12 Kindaichi Yūtarō - 1 - MB
#13 Kunimi Akira - 1 - WS / Opposite Hitter

***

Next to serve was Karasuno's Number 9. He hit a forceful, but uncontrolled homerun. Oikawa demonstrated his jump serve and aimed at their libero.

Yet again, Nishinoya saved the team. His talent proved to be true as he received a serve straight on from the Great King. Kageyama tricked Kindaichi with a fake glance, and Hinata finished it off with a deviant quick attack.

When he rotated to the front, Oikawa started to fix his shoelaces to buy himself some time.

If the match with Date Tech was close to Asahi, Nishinoya, and Sugawara's hearts, this one with Seijoh was specifically for Kageyama.

Ai noticed how easily the spikers hit Oikawa's tosses and wondered why that was. Their commendable orchestra didn't have a single note of dissonance. Perhaps that was the result of two more years worth of experience. For that to be true though, Kindaichi was a strong threat, considering his first-year status. He, their captain, and their vice-captain had all gone to the same middle school as Kageyama: Kitagawa Daiichi. Therefore, it made sense that they were strong players from a powerful middle school. But, Kindaichi had had trouble with Kageyama last year.

It didn't add up, which only meant that the person who had won Best Setter three years ago was behind it. An award that even their Kageyama hadn't attained. Oikawa's tosses were empowering the others, just as Kageyama used Hinata's fast reflexes for their inimitable quick attack.

Ai studied the live, ongoing match in front of her. Some may say that he's the best all-around player in the prefecture. It was well-hidden behind the setter's myriad of diverse skills when compared to Kageyama's unpolished talent, and she doubted the idea at first. However, the more she scrutinized his playing style, she realized that Oikawa Tōru is not a genius by himself.

Seijoh was good. Smart, as well. They quickly decoded Hinata's calls and were ready for them with a plan.

Her head started to ache, especially by standing beside the screeching fans of Seijoh's captain. She winced at the pain in her frontal cortex, but quickly refocused on the game. She didn't take as many notes as she usually did.

Seeing Tanaka's positivity and clean cut from the crushing pressure relieved her. He wasn't as responsible as a captain, but she could see the supportive role of lifting other's spirits in him. It was a handsome quality, but he still needed to consider the time, place, and amount of energy he released.

The score difference increased, and she could see Kageyama starting to panic. Old habits died hard, and his tosses were getting out of hand again. The pace hastened, and if it wasn't for Asahi, the ball would have fallen onto their court after Tsukishima missed it.