Chapter XXIV

Even if she died, I wouldn't care. Because I never loved her anyway.
   I can keep living, I can keep-
  'Jung Hee?'
'Are you listening?'
    '...What did you say?'
'Ah. I asked if you'll participate in the reality show, it's funny.'
He laughed: 'Of course I will.'
      It doesn't matter. Whether she wakes up, or not. Because...
   But for some reason, he felt awful disappointment when he saw her still lying on the bed, her eyes closed.
    'I'm here again.'
Jung Hee sets down the bouquet of lillies on the table next to the bed as he sat on the chair.
    'And you're still unconscious- how stupid.'
    No answer came from her even though he waited quietly.
   'You said you would never try hard in anything again, but you look like you're putting quite the effort in torturing your mother,' he mocks, trying to laugh but it rather comes out as a strangled sob.
   Not a single thing changed since yesterday. Even the doctor said she probably would never wake up, but for some reason he kept coming here-
   'Jung Hee. I told you to not come anymore.'
   With his eyes wide, he looks up immediately: 'Yeona?'
    But her eyes were still closed. Even so, he still felt something light up in his chest: 'You're awake, right?'
   No answer. Not even a move.
Jung Hee stares at her beautiful but deathly pale face for a long time until he realizes:
'Ah. I'm going crazy because of you... that's right, I've gone insane,' he whispers with a bitter smile.
    'Choi Yeona, you've driven me mad,' he finally admits: 'You were right. I'm sorry, I was wrong. I was wrong, it was my fault. It was my fault, ok?!'
    He stares at her sleeping figure, a sleep she might never even wake up from- until she died.
    'I said I'm sorry, so why won't you wake up?!!' his voice cracks.
   'Please wake up... I'm begging you, wake up.'
   Jung Hee wanted to explain further on: no, I'm not doing this for you. I'm not doing this for myself either. Just because it would be a little sad for all your fans if their idol died like this. Just because I feel bad that your career had to end like this. Yeah, just because.
    But the words didn't come out- he couldn't even open his mouth. Because if he did, he felt like he would promise her everything. He would tell her everything, & anything, & look like a pathetic sh*t.
   Because he really couldn't. There was no strength left in him at all.
    So he could only stare quietly, with that same hope, & disappointment.
    I hope you never wake up, Cho Yeona.
🌺🌺🌺

A/N: this is a side chapter from another character's view, so it's short.
  You know I'll try update twice a week bcuz I'm a very considerate author who listens to the reader's wishes.
   Yeah, whatever.