chapter 59

New cover by Annaberry7238

KIKIOPE

The door opened slowly, I raised my head from my phone only for my eyes to meet with Khalid's. My heart skipped a beat then I sighted Bimpe at the entrance with a mischievous smile, before I could say anything she winked at me and then bolted the door.

"Hey," Khalid greeted.

"Hi," I replied, he nodded before sitting at the edge of the bed while I turned back to my phone, he did the same too, and we stayed in a very awkward silence. When did we become strangers?

Minutes passed and neither of us said anything, I sighed while glancing at him, then I decided to talk but immediately I opened my mouth, a call came in.

He picked up his phone with a grin before standing up to stay at the door. Why did he stand up? He always picked his calls in front of me.

Minutes passed, and he was still on call, I tiptoed gingerly to the wardrobe in order to have a better look of him.

I saw him laugh lightly before talking, "Love you too."

Ehn. My eyes widened. Then he turned back and our eyes made four, I quickly turned to leave, but he grabbed my hand.

"Were you eavesdropping?"

I rolled my eyes, "No."

He chuckled, "No denying it, I caught you red-handed."

I scoffed, "I caught you red-handed too."

He creased his brows, "What do you mean?"

I rolled my eyes, "You can't understand."

He chuckled, "Better talk."

I pouted, "You were laughing non-stop here and you even told her you loved her too, didn't I catch you?"

He laughed heartily and I rolled my eyes before frowning.

"Are you jealous?" He finally said after what felt like years.

I scoffed, "Why would I be jealous? You have your freedom of speech and expression," I hissed before turning to leave then he pulled me back and I landed on his chest, he wrapped his hand around me while I tried to get out of his hold.

He pulled me back gently while I dashed him a scowl, he smiled before I turned to leave again, he did the same by pulling me back again and before I could protest, he crashed his lips on mine.

Tingling sensation rushed through me, before I could even process what was going on, we were already kissing. It was a slow and passionate one and it felt so heavenly.

"I was talking to my mom not any other girl, you're the only girl I can say that too," he assured when we finally let go of each other.

A wide smile crept up my face then I enveloped him in a hug.

"I missed you so much," I confessed, and he chuckled before wrapping his hands around me.

"I missed you too."

I withdrew from the hug to look at him, "You said you were speaking to your mom, so, what's happening now?"

"Well, nothing much."

I frowned, and he smiled then we both walked back to the bed.

"I thought you would stay in Ukraine for good," I started, and he turned to me.

"So, you wanted that abi?"

I rolled my eyes, "Mr. Man, just explain everything."

He shook his head, "You should have asked me that the day I arrived or the day after, it's been almost two weeks now."