44

The car ride to the hospital was silent-Haru barely keeping herself up as she was supported by Jeno on one side and Jaemin on the other

"W-What about the mission?"

She rasped out feeling her throat drying from the amount of crying amd screaming she had done earlier just so they wouldn't seperate her from Jisung.

But all her efforts were in vain when the dream members carried her into the other van.

"I hope you know I hate you guys"

"We know Har, but I think it's best if you were away from Jisung for now"

She knew it was true since she still couldn't get the image of the injured boy out of her mind. The way he gasped for air as if it was his last, and the red that seeped through his already black clothing.

"Don't worry Haru, it would take a hundred bullets to kill Ji"

Chenle said from the passenger seat, trying to console the girl with his words which he hoped would work.

"I hope so"

Haru walked left and right outside in the hallway, a hand on her chin while the other ruffled her hair

To say that she was distraught was an understatement-and the other's could clearly see that.

The other members had left earlier except for Jaemin, Jeno, Chenle and Taeyong. The four of them watched as the girl paced in anxiousness-that was until Jeno stood up and dragged the girl to sit between him and Chenle.

"You need to calm down"

"Calm down? How do you expect me to calm down when Jisung's in there!"

She huffed pointing agrily at the sign that said operating room. Chenle sighed patting the girl's hair, since he himself was feeling a bit frustrated.

"I'm going to get food-do you guys want any?"

Taeyong stood up wanting to lighten the situation. The group only shook their heads-looking down as the atmosphere once again turned gloomy.

The oldest only nodded as he motioned for Jeno and Jaemin to come with him-the both of them giving the young ones a glance before going with their leader.

Chenle turned to look at the girl next to him once the other three were out of his view, a sigh escaping his lips as she didn't seem to want to calm down even for a second.

"You know..."

His coughed, his voice was shaking yet his face told her there was nothing to worry about.

"I have known Jisung almost all my life, and I can tell you that he's going to be fine"

"I know, but I can't help thinking about those what if's"

"You...you love him right?"

Haru chuckled facing down, her worries starting to fade at the simple question.

"Is it really that obvious?"

"Well if it wasn't it surely is by now"

"Oh"

The girl giggled awkwardly scratching the back of her head in embarrasment.

"Lele can I ask you something?"

"You're already asking"

Haru rolled her eyes ignoring the boy's comment. She hesitated for a second trying to regain the confidence to ask a question which would potentially be something she shouldn't ask.

"How did you guys get into the mafia?"

Chenle stared blankly for a while before nodding into the distance-he pursed his lips together into a thin line while his brows scruched together.

"It's a different story for everyone...some are born into it and some just found family in it"

"What about Jisung?"

The boy's eyes widened at his best friend's name-he shook his head a frown etching on his face.

"I don't think I have the right to tell...if you want to know you should ask him"

Haru nodded, understanding the possible sensitivity of the situation.

"Because out of all of us...I'd say he had it worse"

I'd say he had it worse"