Chapter 1 LIFE

Eternity pov

As I gradually peel back the covers, I can't help but feel a bit sluggish. Blinking several times, I try to adjust to the sudden beams of sunlight streaming in through the window. Eventually, I manage to sit up, let my feet touch the floor, and rub my eyes vigorously. Arms above my head, I give a good stretch and let out a big yawn.
Living in my own place here in New York City is pretty sweet, especially at the ripe age of 21. No need to worry about living with my parents anymore!

Eternity apartment

My bedroom may be on the smaller side compared to my living room, but it's still cozy and fits everything I need perfectly

My bedroom may be on the smaller side compared to my living room, but it's still cozy and fits everything I need perfectly. My bed takes up a good amount of space, but I adore having it nestled in the middle of my square room. You'll often find me curled up with a good book, basking in the natural light streaming through my window. Hidden storage above my built-in wardrobe keeps things tidy, although most of my belongings are stored under the bed. A roomy black shoebox keeps all my footwear organized, and I have a mirror hanging beautifully above a small table on my off-white walls. My tall white dresser is full of clothing, and my bedside table holds an alarm clock, rose-red touch lamp, and a snazzy blue Bluetooth speaker.
As I was scrolling through social media, I realized how boring my life may seem at times. However, I believe that with hard work and passion, every day holds the potential to be extraordinary!

In the morning, I head towards the restroom to take care of business before putting on my trusty sweatshirt and shorts. Then, it's time for breakfast, and I make my way to the kitchen to grab something from the fridge.
Suddenly, the sound of a door interrupts my routine, and I jump in surprise. "Surprise, Eter!" My best friend, Olivia, greets me in her unmistakable voice.
Overwhelmed with emotion at seeing my childhood partner in crime, I press my fist to my mouth to hide my grin. "Olli, you're back!" I exclaim.
Olivia is in London on business, and her visit is a complete surprise. We've been best friends since elementary school, so seeing her again is a joyous occasion.
"I wanted to surprise my hag," Olivia explains, wrapping me in a tight embrace.
As we catch up on each other's lives, I can't help but ask about Olivia's trip. Recovering from her hug, I tilt my head back and grin, "So, spill the tea, bitch!"

"Geez Louise, that was a total migraine-inducing situation, especially with our lovely branch manager there to make it worse. But I managed to keep my cool, despite the foaming at the mouth," quipped Olivia.
"You're a real champ for holding it together. I'm pretty sure that guy wouldn't have survived if you unleashed your inner Hulk on him," I remarked, scanning the fridge for my morning toast toppings.
"Ha, you got that right. Let's just hope he never sees the dark side of me," Olivia replied, flexing her fingers with a slightly crazed look in her eye.
"Good call. So, speaking of things that we like, have you thought about that dress we saw last time we went window shopping?" I suggested, swiftly changing the subject before things got too heated.
Just a heads up, careful not to push her buttons, my bestie can get pretty wild when she's upset. ;)