prologue - i

[ o n e ]

'Did you actually just compare me to a soul-sucking, happiness-draining, torturous dark creature?'

Taking a deep breath, glancing behind her for one final view of the platform, she stepped onto the oh-so familiar Hogwarts Express

Being completely honest, it was a bitter-sweet experience, returning to Hogwarts. Of course, she'd miss her Mother and Father dearly, but a strange excitement came with returning to school, and in some ways, returning home.

Absent-mindedly, she tucked a loose strand of her wavy, sun-kissed hair behind her ear before making her way down the corridor to their usual compartment. By 'their', she of course meant her and her best friends', Lily Evans, Marlene Mckinnon, Dorcas Meadowes and Alice Fortescue. It had unofficially been their compartment since first year, where they first founded their life-long friendship.

"Christy!" Lily exclaimed, leaping from her seat engulfing Christina in a hug as she slid open the carriage door.
"Missed you too Lils!" she chuckled. "No-one else here yet?"
"I expect Dorcas and Marlene will be along soon, Dor spent the last week of the holidays with the Mckinnons, did you know?" Lily asked, pulling them both over the window seats.
"Oh yeah, Marley mentioned it in a lett- Alice!" just as she began explaining it to Lily, the door of the compartment slid open yet again, revealing a small, kind-faced girl, with cropped mousy brown hair.

"Hey guys!" she replied, sliding into the seat beside Lily.
"Oh Alice! Your hair! It's lovely!" Lily gushed, twirling Alice's recently cut hair between her fingers.
"You think so? I wasn't sure at first." she furrowed her brow slightly.
"It really suits you." Christy assured.

"Definitely!" Suddenly, Marlene appeared in the doorway, Dorcas slightly to her left.
"Marley, Dor!" Alice grinned, patting the seat beside herself. Marlene gratefully accepted, while Dorcas took the seat beside Christina.

"I've missed you guys so much!" Dorcas sighed, slinging a lazy arm around the blonde's shoulder. " 'specially you Al, it's a shame you couldn't visit, was Paris nice?"

"Oh it was lovely! Seriously!" she replied, eyes twinkling with excitement at the sheer memory. Christy lived that about Alice, she had this adorable appreciation for France. She would spend hours upon hours doodling little Eiffel towers, enchanting them the glow or dance across the page.

"What about you Christy, get up to anything over the holidays?" she questioned.
"Nothing much, just-" she began before being interrupted by a certain, black haired marauder, leaning lazily against the door frame, a smirk dancing across his features.

"-just daydreaming about her one-true love, weren't you Teeny." he flourished his hand, giving a mock bow, not long before being tackled into a bone-crushing hug.
"Siri!" Christy cried, smothering him. Too happy to be annoyed at the insufferable nickname he insisted on calling her.
"How are you?! What about the others? Is Rem okay? Was your summer good? Oh god was it bad? Am I being really insensitive?!" She rambled.
"Calm down Teeny! I'm fine, everyone's fine!" Sirius exclaimed, chuckling at his best friend's concern. She sighed, smiling softly.