chapter 20

Ariel later went away from the bedroom, leaving Grey and his mother alone. Grey did not bring up the issue again. He was aware his mother was in pain and she had already cried too much. He simply did not desire to see her cry anymore.

“Grey,” Anna called out to her son.

“Yes, Mom?”

“I know you are angry with me,” she said softly. “And I understand you have every right to, because I'm not giving you the answers you seek.”

Grey did not interrupt his Mom as she spoke. He just listened on.

“It's not easy, son, but I promise I will tell you soon. Just give me some time,” she added. 

Grey nodded his head in understanding. He knew arguing with his Mom would not make her give him the answers he sought. He would have to wait until his Mom was ready to tell him. 

“So, how are things going on with Ariel?” Anna asked, looking at her son.

Grey's smile widened when he remembered what happened in the bathroom earlier.

“From your smile, I will take it that all is going well,” Anna said, laughing. 

“Yes, it is.”

Anna nodded her head and remained quiet for a while before she spoke. 

“Have you two moved further in your relationship?” Anna asked.

Grey shook his head at his mother as he chuckled. “Don't ask me that, Mom.”

“What? I'm your mother. I'm supposed to know.” 

“No, are not supposed to know that,” Grey said, laughing.

“Yes, I'm supposed to know,” Anna argued as Grey shook his head.

“Well, if you want to know, the answer is no,” Grey said. 

“Okay,” Anna said and remained quiet for a while.

“Are you guys planning on doing it soon?” Anna blurted out. 

“Mom!”

“What?” I was just asking,” Anna said innocently.

“I'm not saying anything,” Grey insisted.

“But Grey...”

“No.”

Grey stood up from the mattress and kissed his mother's forehead.

“I love you, son.”

“I love you, Mom,” Grey said as he left the bedroom and went in search of Ariel.

Ariel was seated with her mother and father in the living room when he entered. Grey looked around, however, he did not see the rest of the family.

He took a step into the living room and Ariel right away looked up after she sensed his presence. She smiled at him and stood up from where she was seated and sat next to Grey.

Grey wasted no time as he wrapped his arms around Ariel.

“How did it go with your Mom?” Ariel asked softly. 

“Good.”

“I will simply give her time to tell me what's going on,” he said.

“That's good,” Ariel said 

“Where is everybody?” Grey asked. 

“Uncle Michael and Grandad Raphael went to stretch their wings and Grandad Samael took Grandma with him outside,” Ariel informed.