Chapter I

"𝐌𝐘 little Songbird, I wish to hear you sing

"𝐌𝐘 little Songbird, I wish to hear you sing." Akito said while wrapping his arms around her. She didn't answer but instead just went along with his order.

[y/n] is what you would call - someone who easily gets bored. She would much rather walk around the Estate or basically be outside in the rainy weather than to be stuck inside Akito's room.

She does get scolded for it, but she doesn't care. It's not like he was going to beat her, she's the Phoenix. The guardian and protecter of both him and the zodiacs.

She however is not a Sohma. To be frank she doesn't have any family at all. And that's the huge mystery about her.

She is the original Phoenix, the same one that appeared during the banquet. However, she does not possess the body of someone in old age.

Just like a Phoenix, she can burst into flames at will, and is rebirth from her ashes. Making her immortal.

She usually does that when a new generation of zodiacs are born, believing that by doing so they would feel more comfortable around her. 

Sometimes she just does it for fun, she can willingly change her appearance to fit whatever standard she wishes. 

However, that all changed when Akito became the new God.

After hearing the story which involves him and the Phoenix being in love, he immediately demanded to see her.

And when he did, just like in the story, instantly fell in love.

Though this love, quickly turned into an obsession.

When he discovered her power and how strong it was, he wanted to cancel it. To weaken her and to become the person she will depend on. 

So after her rebirth ceremony to match the age of Akito, and the soon to be generation of zodiacs. It soon became her last.

.

As she rose from her ashes and became a child again, Akito quickly ran towards her.

She naively thought he wanted to give her a hug but she couldn't be further from the truth.

As soon as he was in front of her he clipped an ear cuff that resembled a phoenix's feather on her ear. She was startled, her moment of confusion did not last long before she begun screaming. The piece of jewelry started glowing, while Akito - the boy who she thought was so innocent,  laughed at her demise.

"See? Now we can grow old together! Your powers are gone and you are nothing more than a useless mortal! You will die before even meeting a new God, because you belong to me!"

No one was helping the little girl, and she will forever remember that. They all had stoic faces, not a single person in the crowd showing empathy. After all those years of protecting their family, they repay her by turning a blind eye the moment she needed help.

Clutching her chest, the pain seething through her body. Her eyes met with Akito and everything seemed to stop. He swore on that night she had literal fire in her eyes, a glaring hatred that still haunts him to this day.

.

When she was finished singing, she felt Akito intertwine his fingers with hers.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" he asked her while repeatedly kissing the back of her hand.

"Hm..." is all she replied with.

He sighed and started walking back into the house estate, still with their hands connected.

"We should hurry back, I'm sure the others are waiting for our arrival." he said to her.

She looked back up into the sky, wondering when things will turn for the better.