Arguments

The drive had been long and Sukara was tired but, that only made her bad mood worse. Korra was right, something didn't feel right about this place.

Sukara was quiet as they went into the hotel, and even as they went into the rooms.

"Is something wrong?" Kuvira asked as Sukara put the bags on the bed.

"No," Sukara said, a little more sharply than she intended.

Kuvira frowned, she didn't appreciate being lied to or Sukara's tone but, she decided to let it slide just this once.

"Well, whatever it is," Kuvira said, trying to lighten the mood, "maybe the festival will cheer you up. We can get some of that unfried dough if you like."

Sukara didn't answer. She just kept taking things out of the bag.

"Come on you can do that later," Kuvira sighed, walking up to her girlfriend. Gently, she slipped her arm around Sukara's.

"Then go without me," Sukara snapped, pulling away from Kuvira, "you don't need to follow me around all the time. You can do what you like."

"What's your problem?" Kuvira asked, getting annoyed with her now.

"Nothing," Sukara snapped again, the anger that was consuming her finally coming to the surface, "it's just that if you want to go and see the festival, you can. No one is stopping you."

Kuvira folded her arms. A frown deep on her face. Sukara's attitude was really starting to get on her nerves.

"If you are just tired," Kuvira told her, her annoyance with her girlfriend coming through in her tone now, "you'll regret this later."

And with her last words she slammed the door as she left, leaving Sukara alone in the room.

The brunette sighed and sat on the bed. She knew that Kuvira didn't deserve that and she shouldn't have been so mean but, something about this place was off, and it was making whatever was going on with her worse.

-----

Asami stood outside her own room as Kuvira came out of hers.

"Everything okay?" she asked, noting the scowl on Kuvira's face.

"Everything's fine," Kuvira snapped as she approached her.

"Is Sukara on her way?" Asami asked, trying to get an idea of what was going on.

"Doubt it," was all Kuvira said as she passed her.

Asami sighed. This was not the relaxing vacation she had hoped for but, maybe it would get better. Maybe once they figure out what was wrong, the mood would change.

"Are you okay?" Korra asked as she came out of the door.

"Well, it looks like Kuvira and Sukara have already argued and you're still weirded out by this place," Asami explained as she checked their friends room door and the end of the corridor to see if anyone was going to appear, "so, so far I think it's going well."

"I'm sorry," Korra said, leaning in and hugging Asami around the waist.

"It's not your fault," she said, putting an arm round Korra, "I just hope it gets fixed soon."

#####

Sukara hadn't joined them on their first look around Chin Village. She had stayed back and sulked in her room.

Even when they got back, Kuvira came in to find her asleep on the couch that sat facing the window. It had annoyed her a little bit but, not enough to wake her up to argue with her again. She had just gone over to check on her and gone to bed.

It was the crash that came late in the night that woke her up. Kuvira sat bolt upright as she tried to figure out what had happened. A quick scan of the room gave her enough to work with. Sukara was panting and she sat up on the couch. The mirror across from her had come off of the wall and was now in pieces on the floor.

"What happened?" Kuvira asked, scrambling to get out of the bed and go over to Sukara.

When she got there, she started to push the hair out of Sukara's face as she rubbed her back trying to calm her girlfriend down.

"I'm sorry," Sukara muttered, leaning into Kuvira as she knelt down beside her, "what I said, I didn't mean it."

"You're shaking," Kuvira said, wrapping her arms around Sukara, "Are you going to tell me what's going on?"

Sukara didn't answer, she just winced at the question and went to lay back down. However, Kuvira was having none of that. Before Sukara could lie down, Kuvira had scooped her up.

"You're coming to bed," she told her as she carried Sukara bridal style towards the bed.

Gently, she put her down and pulled the covers over her.

"You're not angry?" Sukara asked, as Kuvira climbed underneath the covers as well.

"No," Kuvira said softly, pulling Sukara close, her body still trembling from her nightmare, "I just wish you'd tell me what was wrong so I can help you."

Sukara sighed and cuddled into Kuvira's chest, "it's just hard to talk about."

"I know," she whispered, stroking her hair trying to comfort her, "but I'll be here when you're ready."