Chapter- 14

Morning arose. Kartik woke up with a heavy head. He realised his state and remembered last night's incidents.

Flashback-

After Naira's outburst, he came to the bar and got drunk while a girl was throwing off herself on him. As he was not in his senses, that girl was utilising the situation. The girl brought him here and was forcing herself on him. She hugged him and placed a kiss on his chest. Kartik slowly realised the situation and pushed the girl on floor.

"Get lost you bitch..." he shouted. The girl understood that he had still some senses in him so she ran away. And Kartik collapsed on the floor and soon fall asleep there.

Flashback ends.

"Nairaa..." Kartik mumbled remembering her outburst last night and rushed to their room.

"Naira?? Nairaa...." he searched for her shouting her name but no response came.

"Shit! Where are you Naira?!" he got scared and rushed to the reception to inqiure about Naira.

"Have you seen my wife Naira Goenka going somewhere? Do you know where she is?" Kartik asked to the receptionist.

"Yes sir. She went somewhere in the morning."

¤¤¤¤¤¤

At airport,
"Hi Can I have a ticket of next flight to Melbourne? It's urgent please!" asked Naira. She bought the ticket and soon heard the announcement of the flight. After switching off her phone, she boarded the plane.

On the other hand, Kartik was calling her again and again but her phone was unreachable. He was searching for her at every possible place but couldn't find her anywhere. A strange but stong fear arose in his heart. He doesn't know anything about her whereabouts, what if something happened to her..

¤¤¤¤¤

After some hours,
Melbourne, Australia.

"Naira? You? Where is Kartik?" Asked Manish as soon as she saw Naira standing at the door with red and puffy eyes.

"What happened beta? Why are you alone? Please say something!" asked Swarna.

Naira immediately hugged Swarna and started crying. The family members got more afraid.

"Maa.. Kartik.." Naira cried more snuggling into her arms.

"Naira what happened? What did Kartik do?" asked Dadi.

"I can't stay here anymore. Please let me go back to India. You guys have done a lot for me but I can't do this anymore!" said Naira and everyone got shocked.

"But tell us what happened beta?" asked Manish caressing her hairs. Naira told everything to them.

"Please papa jaane dijye mujhe! Nothing is left for me here. Let me go back please!" pleaded Naira folding her hands and Manish just nodded his head.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

"Why Kartik is doing this with her? My poor girl have been bearing everything in order to save their relationship but everything is finished now. If she goes back to India I can't imagine what will happen next! What will we say to Naitik ji? He gave us their daughter but.. but we couldn't take proper care of her." said Swarna as soon as she and Manish entered their room.

"Don't worry Swarna. We will go to India after a week or two and ask forgiveness from Naitik ji. But for now, I have decided what should I do." said Manish and Swarna looked at him worryingly.

Just then Kartik called Manish.
"Dad.. dad Naira.." stammered Kartik.

"What Naira?" asked Manish.

"Dad she is missing. I don't know where is she! I have searched for her everywhere. But.." said Kartik but got interrupted by Manish.

"Come back!" said Manish.

"But dad, Naira? How can I.." said Kartik.

"She is here. She came back to Australia. Come soon." said Manish.

"What? How can Naira be there? I mean how and when did she go?" said Kartik but instead of answering, Manish cut the call. Kartik hurriedly went back to the hotel, packed their bags and ran to the airport.

¤¤¤¤¤

Swarna and Manish came to their room and saw her packing.

"Done with packing?" asked Swarna.

"Yess maa almost." replied Naira not looking at them.

"Naira, Kartik knows that you're here. He is coming." said Manish and Naira turned to him.

"I don't want to face him papa. Please." said Naira with teary eyes.

"You won't. You will leave for India before he reaches here I promise" said Manish and Naira thanked him.

"We want to say something beta.." said Manish lowering his head.

"Haan papa, maa.. boliye na.." said Naira.

"We are really sorry Naira. We never thought that Kartik will do something like this with you. Please forgive us!" said Swarna.

"What are you saying maa? Please don't say sorry!" said Naira.

"No Naira your maa is right. We are responsible for this situation of yours. We had liked you the very first day we met you. You have a pure heart beta. We didn't imagined that Kartik.. our son will be the reason behind you pain. We were so happy that you were going to become our daughter in law.. but.." said Manish.

"No papa please. Please stop it both of you! Stop blaming yourself. I have accepted the reality but I can't see you both like this. I have always seen my parents in you both. So don't talk like this please!" said Naira.

"If you really consider us as your parents, we want to do something for you." said Manish.

"We know this marriage has given you nothing expect sorrows and pain. We have seen how much you have suffered because of this. That's why we have decided something for you. Don't get us wrong but this is for your betterment only." Said Manish.

"What papa?" asked Naira and Manish signalled Swarna to bring something.

"You deserve happiness beta. You deserve love and respect. But in this marriage you have got nothing. So we want you to liberate from this bond." said Swarna handing her a file. Naira couldn't understand and stared at them confused.

"Give divorce to Kartik"

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Vote and comment❤