021 | sleepless

╔════ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

'𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬' ════════════╝

━━ -ˋˏ★ˎˊ- ━━

...D'QAR, ILEENIUM SYSTEM

 "𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀!"

Georgie smacked his fist down on the table, and Lyra's head shot up from the sudden noise. Blinking quickly, she adjusted to the light and remembered where she was. Phoenix office, sifting through reports, vision doing weird things because she was tired, and then she must have passed out.

"I'm up, I'm up," she croaked, rubbing the sleep out of the corners of her eyes.

Georgie balanced his hands on his hips, staring at her. "You look like shit."

"Thanks," she told him with a soft sigh. He was dressed in a crisp pair of cargo pants and an un-stained gray shirt. Well rested and freshly-showered, he looked too put together for this hour. "I appreciate your honesty."

"That's what I'm here for," he nodded, taking the seat across from her and picking up his steaming mug of caf. The strong, bitter scent of the Core World grown roast drifted through the air.  An odd choice for nighttime.

She wrinkled her nose. "Why are you drinking that?"

He raised a dark eyebrow as he sipped. "Because it's morning and I like to have a full cup before I face the disasters of the day."

Lyra tipped her head back and pressed her hands to the sides of her face. "What time is it?"

"Nine hundred in the morning. Birds are chirping, Threepio is occupied with the mouse droid I just released in the command room, Ellis is still passed out in his bunk," Georgie listed with a faint grin. "Grand day so far."

"Damn," Lyra said, sweeping her mess of things to the side. A stylus skittered toward the edge of the table, and she grabbed it just as it fell. "I was supposed to have breakfast with Reeve and Jess."

Georgie snapped his fingers. "That's what I was supposed to tell you. Reeve is trying to find you, she's out in the command room."

Lyra rolled her eyes. "I'm glad you left that out. Can you at least make sure the combat drill schedule is–"