BANG

"You can't shoot yourself."
I dreaded that voice very much now, I looked at both of them.
How was I supposed to choose? I took another deep breath and aimed the gun.
I had just one bullet left. What if I wasted the ammo and shot it at the floor or something? Okay, let's do that.
I aimed the gun at my side, and shot it.
BANG.
The bullet pierced the floor, and I woke up.
Max came up to me.
"Excellent, Eaton. I'm a bit surprised that this work was from Abnegation to be honest." Max stated.
"Please sir, I'm not Abnegation. I never was." I replied, then thanked him.
Max looked impressed and content with my answer and left.

"Good job. You know, we can celebrate later." Eric came up behind me.
I turned around, a bit nervous.
"Do you think I did okay?" I asked.
"Yes. You did more than okay." Eric replied, comforting me.
He stared into my eyes.
"I'm not using you, and you're not worthless." Eric put his hand on my back, and led me to the doors.
"I know." I put my hand on his chest where his heart was. "I trust you."

At this, Eric seemed uncomfortable.
"What happened?" I asked, scared that I said something wrong.

"Oh- nothing. I have to stay here and watch over the rest, but I'll see you later, okay?" He turned away and started leaving after he squeezed my hand.

That was weird.
"C'mon." Tori led me back and got the next candidate.

I sat down next to Landon and Arielle.
"Oh my god, how was it?" Arielle asked.
"You okay? You didn't do something stupid, right?" Landon chuckled.
"Surprisingly, no. It went well." I said.
"Doesn't really matter either way. You're with Eric. He would pass you anyway." Landon teased. "Maybe I should seduce Lauren or something."
"Landon! Shut up!" Arielle nudged him. And soon the three of us were laughing, and everyone was just staring at us in curiosity.

"Flint, Landon." Tori called.
Landon got up, but I pulled him down for a second.

"Landon." I started, using dramatic tones in my voice. I looked both ways like I was hiding something, pulled him closer than whispered in his ear-
"Nice new haircut."
Landon pulled away, annoyed.
"Really? I thought you were telling me something about the test, wow." He left to go with Tori.
I got up, and told Arielle that I'd wait in the pit until they were done.
"Yup, see you. You might have to wait a long time though. Mine isn't the fastest last name." Arielle smiled at me.

"Good luck then, Arielle ." I wished her the best then left the room.