7.12

"Brother, how... how have you been?" Qi Meizhen stepped closer but it was clear to everyone that she was not too close to him. It made sense, for she was only the half-sibling of Qi Longhai.

Qi Longhai looked at Qi Meizhen, whose image still remained the same, even looking as if she had become younger. He stared at the boy who had hid himself behind Qi Meizhen. The boy caught his eyes, but immediately turned away. He... the boy really looked like his father. Except for the vermilion mark between his brows, everything was the same.

"I have been well, sister." Qi Longhai could only say in turn. His facial expression was calm, as if his heart wasn't breaking. He had steeled himself, returning before death took him. Yet, the pain was really evident.

"Mother, who is that?" From behind Qi Meizhen, the young boy had finally spoke up.

Qi Meizhen looked at her son, smiling lightly as she said, "This is your uncle, your mother's brother."

Qi Longhai looked at the young boy. "This is your son."

Qi Meizhen smiled, "Yes, he is my son. His Majesty granted him the name, Mo Changming, flourishing brightly. His title is Yang Junwang*, or Mo Yang, Prince of the Sun, the first prince."

Mo Yang peeked out and looked at Qi Longhai. His cheeks were chubby, and at only three years old, he was already able to walk properly and even able to speak without stuttering.

Qi Longhai couldn't help but smile softly. "Your Highness, this official's name is Qi Longhai. I am the Royal Strategist, having just recently returned to fulfill my duty."

Hearing this name, Mo Yang brightened up as he came out from behind Qi Meizhen and said, "I know you! Imperial Father speaks about you daily."

Qi Longhai knitted his brows. But, his hope did not reignite. It was time to move on, he should have since long ago. "Is that so, Your Highness?" He didn't have any hope, Qi Longhai was merely speaking to his nephew.

Mo Yang pursed his lips, looking around as he finally answered, "Imperial Father likes to speak long sentences. When he thinks about you, he says really beautiful words that I can't understand."

Qi Meizhen looked at her son, a hint of worry evident in her brow. While she didn't stop her son, her hands clenched tightly around her handkerchief as she listened.

"I see. His Majesty and I were once friends. He is merely thinking about the past, Your Highness." Qi Longhai's words felt like blood running out of his throat. His eyes held a hint of sorrow but he kept his composure so that no one would notice anything strange.

"Sister, what is my niece's name?" Qi Longhai did not bring the past topic back. When Qi Meizhen heard this, her heart was finally at peace.

"His Majesty granted her the name, Mo Caihong, a rainbow in the sky. Her title is Jin Heshou*, Mo Jin, the Third Princess, Princess Gold." Qi Meizhen ordered the maid who held her daughter to step up. Wrapped in a bundle, a very small child laid, her eyes closed.

Qi Longhai's heart felt warm, even though it ached, at least Mo Chou was able to have his life.

"Sister, I will have to take my leave first. Please excuse me." Qi Longhai bowed, back bending slightly.

"Then, brother, have a safe trip." Qi Meizhen looked like she had some other words she wanted to say but she didn't say anything else. Instead, she could only watch as Qi Longhai walked away, a hint of darkness in her eyes.

"Mother, why does Uncle look so cold?" Mo Yang didn't understand why Qi Longhai looked so far and indifferent.

Qi Meizhen looked at her son and merely said, "It is simply part of the past, don't worry about it Yang'er."