ii

[ t w o ]

"Wait, no. Let's watch the sunrise."

"Christina!" James whisper-shouted

"Christina!" James whisper-shouted. It was currently 3:45am. They'd arrived at Hogwarts earlier that evening and indulged in the grand welcome feast, that seemed to get more and more delicious as the years went by.

"Christy!" he shook her sleeping form, earning a groan. Slowly, she sat up, rubbing her eyes, blinking away the sleep.
"James?" she questioned, fumbling on her bedside table for her wand, "Lumos." she whispered, the tip of her wand illuminated, revealing the smug face that belonged to the one and only, Mr James Potter.

"Are you coming then?" he grasped her wrist and dragged her down from the girls dorms and into the Gryffindor common room.
"What on earth is going on here?" she exclaimed. She had entered the familiar room, but it's usual roaring fire was dim and the embers were barely aglow. Instead, a few tea lights were emitting a flickering light on the coffee table. As she let her gaze drift around the room, her glance came to a stop when her eyes met three equally mischievous looking marauders.

"Black, Potter, Pettigrew, i don't put it past you to be up at this ungodly hour, but Lupin, i expected better." she said, clutching her chest in mock heart-ache.
"Don't act so innocent Taylor, I know for a fact that your a bit of a rule-breaker yourself." Remus retorted, raising an eyebrow.

"Which is why we need your help to pull off this super-awesome-epic-extravagant back to Hogwarts prank!" Peter cried.

"Bit louder Peter, I don't think that the Ravenclaws heard you!" everyone jumped in surprise, turning to see Lily Evans, a knowing smirk gracing her features.

"Evans?" James questioned.
"Yes Potter, that is my name." she sighed, obviously exasperated with his antics already, descending the rest of the stairs until she stood beside Christy.
"I want in." she stated, folding her arms.
"Wait, what?" Remus asked, clearly shocked to find she wasn't already on her way to rat them out to Mcgonagall.
"I said-"
"I heard what you said, i'm just shocked, that's all."

"Right. Well Then. I suppose it's us six then." Christy said, rocking on her heels.
"I suppose it is." Sirius replied.

The six Gryffindors crept along the winding corridors of the castle, descending stairs every so often, or cutting through secret passageways before finding themselves face to face with the Slytherin common room entrance.
"Merlin, I forgot to get the password!" James whisper-shouted.
"You had one job." Remus sighed.
"Oh, move over!" Christina barged through the two of them so that she stood directly in front of the portrait of a slithering snake, writhing and squirming in coils around the branch of a dark forest tree.
"Haath Eshtaa Seethasss." she whispered, and as expected, the portrait swung open. Just as she went to step inside, somebody grabbed her arm.
When she turned around, she was a little taken aback at the sight. James and Peters jaws may as well be trailing on the floor, whilst Remus and Lily looked down-right scared. Sirius, furrowed his brow as he pulled his arm away, having gotten her attention.
"What are you lot gaping at, let's go before we get caught!" she whispered, but before she could turn around again, Remus managed to stutter,
"Y-your a p-parslemouth?"
"What are you rambling on about now Lupin?"  Christy sighed, folding her arms across her chest.
"You can talk to snakes?" Lily uttered, her voice barely above a whisper.
"What are you talking about?!" Christina was getting impatient.
"Why didn't you tell us?" Sirius asked, stepping towards Christy.
"Tell you what?" she pressed, backing away from the group, they were seriously starting to freak her out now.
"O-oh my Merlin. That's dark magic! Your Dark!" Peter squeaked, scrambling to hide behind James.