Chapter 2 - The Start Of The End Part 2

(Y/n Pov)

Subaru: "Hey! Wait up!"

This attracts the girl's attention to both of us. I could feel some gazes on my back, ugh, I hate this, but I have to endure it for now.

???: "What? Just so you know, I can only spend a little more time with you two."

Subaru: "I sense you're being a tiny bit lenient... Forget that. You lost something important, right? Let us help you."

She looked at me as I shrugged it off, but nodded anyways with a smile. I don't know if it was a trick or anything, but I could swear that her eyes reflection on mine was yellow. I blinked again only to see that it went back to normal. What's going on?

???: "But you said you both don't know anything..."

She turned her attention away from me to Subaru. It was as if she was trying to avoid something...

Subaru: "But we remember her face, at least! If we see her again, we'll know!"

Now she started to think about it. Hopefully, she would accept our help.

???: "You've both very strange... So we're clear, I can't do anything to thank you both."

Subaru: "We don't need you to. We want to thank you. That's why I want to help."

Y/n: "As for me. It's not me that should receive your thanks after this, but you who should receive mine for saving me back then."

???: "I didn't do anything deserving of thanks. I told you guys, I already received compensation for healing your wounds."

Subaru: "Then... I'm going to help you for my own sakes, too. My objective is... Let's see... Yeah! One good deed per day!"

She seems to be thoughtful about this. I mean, who wouldn't. Two strangers, you just saved, offer you their help. Suddenly Puck appeared out of nowhere and sat on her shoulder.

Puck: "I don't sense any malice. I think you can just accept their offer. After all, the more shields between you and ruffians, the better."

Subaru: "That's what you want us around for?!"

Y/n: "You're quite cute but also rude, Puck."

I said with a flat tone, which earned some chuckle from him. That spirit sure is a devil in disguise of an angel.

???: "I mean it, though. I can't do anything to thank you two."

Subaru: "No problem. Just leave it to us!"

Without knowing it, we spent several hours trying to find the girl who stole the silver-haired girl insignia. We asked people about her and tried other methods, but still, we couldn't find her due to how big the city was. But the view up here is nice, though.

Subaru: "I talked big, but isn't this town too huge to find one little thing in?"

Y/n: "Sure is, but that won't make me give up. Besides, we're going to get more familiar with the town after this, right? Subaru?"

Subaru: "Yeah, if we can remember it that is."

???: "It's the capital of Lugunica. You didn't even know that, um..."

Puck: "That's right. We haven't asked your names yet. Should we all introduce ourselves?"

Subaru: "Oh, yeah, you're right. I'll introduce myself first, then."