ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

CHAPTER ELEVENʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

CHAPTER ELEVEN
ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

If the fact that Edward and his family were possibly onto me wasn't enough to make me stressed, then the sight of the ready set equipment in biology after lunch was. I could almost smell the blood that hadn't yet been spilled. Testing blood types- that'd be a good lesson to skip. And despite everything, I couldn't find it within me to care that it would be another set of evidence piling up to pin against me. I couldn't do it. No matter how strong I thought it was.

Stalking out of the door, I spotted Edward across the hallway, making his own way to the outside of the school. He could feel my eyes on him, undoubtedly, and he turned stared his scrutinising stare and strode off again into the even dimmer light of the car park.

I followed after him, chasing through the small grass way that bordered the lab building, a small pond trickling in the middle. He circled around, I could smell him, nothing personable- just vampire.

Perhaps the sudden scent and thought of blood had drove me crazy, or maybe I was just sick of his suspicion, but I hunted him down, following his track until I stopped dead at his feet. Bella in his arms.

"What are you doing?"

"She fainted," he growled, moving to shrug me off so he could hurry down the hallway.

"Bella?"

"It's fine. He's taking me to the nurses office. Wait by the car, I'll drive early," she said, nodding encouragingly.

She looked pale, paler than she always was, the tired bags under her eyes more pronounced. Her fingers tightened together.

The blood had made her faint. My eyes flitted toward Edward, seeing the cringe that already set his jaw square.

"Okay. But I'll drive you."

Edward spun smoothly and walked toward the nurses office, Bella's arms looped around his neck, hands on his shoulders. What control he must have.

The sight of Bella's rusty, orange truck plunked in the middle of the grey setting was enough to catch a grip. I dropped my bag in the boot, took out a book and tried to concentrate on the words- on anything but the beating hearts that were suddenly so loud in my ears that it could be mistaken as my own.

I'd eaten only two days ago, and yet I was hungry again.

I caught Alice's smell before she'd even left the building. It was like Edward's, but prettier. She floated down the steps, a permanent, soft smile on her face as she walked past the line of silver cars toward her own.