Chapter 38: Heart and Soul

Want to see Death Is My BFF as a tv series or movie?

Click on the External link, or the link on the top of my profile, and SUPPORT "Death Is My BFF" on The If List! Wooooo!! P.S- Make sure to write an ENDORCEMENT, and feel free to pick/vote for whatever actors you want! Let's get to the top!!

Please vote, and leave feedback!

;)

P.S- Don't read ANY of the comments until you were done with the chapter. Too many spoilers!

                        * * * 

                        Ace’s magical and quick way traveling brought us to an alley, aloof from pedestrians shuffling in the night along the sidewalk. Disoriented, deprived of oxygen because of the strange form of transportation, I shoved away from the warlock’s hard muscled frame and braced my hands on my knees.

                        As I bent over, I felt the press of the cold dagger against my hip and I thought back to the conversation I had with Malphas. He wanted me to go to the D & S Towers’ event and attack Death. Which meant that David had to be Death. What else could that have meant? I was going to pierce Death in the heart and poison him, because it was the only way Malphas could help me remove the Angel of Death from my life.

                        “I will stab Death in the heart.”

                         A headache began to pound behind my eyes. Stab Death. I was going to stab him?

                        This isn’t you.

                        I removed my hands from my knees and stared down at them. They were shaking violently.

                        I tilted my head up. Ace was watching my closely.

                         “What did you do to me?” I asked slowly.

                        Ace smiled, but it didn’t quite reach his eyes. “I thought Malphas made it clear that we were going to the D & S Chicago Crime Prevention event, and that you were going to stab Death in the heart with that dagger.” He said the last part slowly, pronouncing every word, staring intensely at me. “Were those directions not clear?”

                        “They were clear,” I said mechanically, stunned that I had no control over my answer. A moment later, I forgot about the hypnosis.

                        “Now, I do not like to be late to these kinds of things, so let’s get you ready.” With a heavy sigh, Ace briefly took off his hat, running a hand through his colorful hair and studying my clothes. A headache pounded behind my eyes, and once again, I was aware that he had hypnotized me. “Your outfit needs to go. We must show more skin and cleavage. Something that says ‘I am classy, but still super sl*tty’—“

                         “Wait a minute—!“