020

october 24th, 2019
8:09 pm

JALEN READJUSTED THE BLANKET THAT WAS PROTECTING him and Noelani from the sand underneath

They were lying on a beach with the outline of Golden Gate Bridge in the background, Jalen's orange and black Air Jordan 1s and Noelani's white high top Converse behind them.

The full moon was the only source of light for them and the ocean was only a few feet away, the waves slapping the shore and creating amazing background noise for the couple.

"Over there," Noelani pointed to a constellation to the right of her in the dark sky and Jalen followed her finger, "Is Orion. He's from Greek mythology. And over here," Noelani pointed to right in from of them but Jalen kept his eyes on her face, her words not heard.

He trailed his eyes over the outline of her light brown eyes, her mauve colored lips and the freckle above her left eyebrow.

The way her lips would curve as Noelani simultaneously spoke and smiled as she pointed out the different constellations.

The amazement in her eyes as she talked about the bright stars, was making Jalen...

Well, for lack of a better term...

Swoon.

Seeing her talk about something so substantial, something bigger than herself was giving Jalen a extreme butterfly like feeling in his abdomen.

It was a bit of cliche but Jalen couldn't think of another girl that had given him this feeling.

Or would ever give him this feeling.

Jalen let his lips spread into a wide grin as Noelani continued her lecture about the stars.

"You're not paying attention, huh? I can feel you staring at me," Noelani chuckled wryly, turning her head to face him, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Jalen licked his lips a little, "I can't look at you, now?"

The eye contact was clearly starting to make Noelani visibly nervous and there was a blush starting to creep onto her face.

"I mean... I didn't exactly say that but..." Noelani trailed off, "I'm giving you free astronomy lessons. Least you could do is listen," Noelani chuckled.

Jalen smirked as he turned back to the sky, "So which one is that?"

Noelani looked to where he was pointing, "Aquarius. And next to it is Andromeda, she was a princess."

"How do you know all of this?" Jalen questioned.

"My dad... Back when we were all in Hawaii, we used to just lay in our backyard and he would point out all of the constellations to me." Noelani says in a slightly forlorn tone.

Jalen glanced at her, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm having a really good day and I don't wanna let talking about him ruin it." Noelani sat up on the black and white plaid blanket, and smoothed her hair.

"Then let's not." Jalen sat up as well and pulled Noelani into his chest and wrapped one arm around her shoulders.

"Can you finally admit that you were jealous earlier?" Jalen changed the subject.

"Call me jealous one more time and I'm drowning you, kid." Noelani responded.

"Just admit it."

"Ain't nobody jealous of pitbull Hannah Montana," Noelani scoffed as she settled more into Jalen's arms.

"We should probably head back soon. My dad's been blowing up my phone and I know that your mom isn't pleased either." She sighed as she reclined her head into the crook of his neck.

"Eh, it was only one class. And I didn't have practice so..." Jalen shrugged.

Noelani was quiet, her gaze on the ocean.

"Aye," Jalen nudged her a little after an extended moment of silence.

"You know, the biggest thing on Oahu is the mountain range. We have only one big city on the entire island chain and I've only been there once, like years ago," Noelani said in a soft, wistful tone, "I didn't think I would see a real city until my twenties. Today... With you... Was... Amazing. The best. Thank you."

Noelani placed a dainty hand on the side of Jalen's face then pecked his lips a couple of times.

"Simp." Jalen responded with an awkward chuckle.

Noelani elbowed him sharply and Jalen groaned, releasing her from his grip.

Noelani stood and speed walked away, Jalen quickly following suit.

"Leave me alone, Ja-. Jalen!" Noelani squealed as Jalen picked her up and tossed her over his shoulder.

"Jalen, put me down!" Noelani laughed.

"Shouldn't have elbowed me!"

"Ugh, you are so annoying. You're like a pebble in my shoe." Noelani slapped his back as a breeze came, made more wintry by the sea nearby.

Jalen put Noelani down and she rubbed her bare arms slightly.

"You're cold?" Jalen asked, starting to slip off his tie dye hoodie he had received from Slam Magazine during the summer.

"It's fine. I don't want you to get cold." Noelani put a hand up.

"Take it. You're not used to this weather. Ain't it always seventy and up in Hawaii?" Jalen pushed the hoodie into her hands, a little forcefully.

Noelani gave him a smile, then slipped the hoodie on over her jeans and her tee shirt, "Thanks, kid."

As always, when Noelani flashed the smile that Jalen was starting to think the world of, he had to smile back.

And that's when Jalen realized...

Deon was right.

Jalen Green was starting to simp.

And the only words that could come to his head at the moment were...

Oh, no.

NOTE FROM KY
15 comments for the next chapter!
vote & comment, porfa!