42: The Consequences of Resisting

Just because Nathan and Royce are getting along doesn't mean all their problems will suddenly fade away lol. Homophobia still very much exists and unfortunately that's the reality.

TW: Bullying, violence, homophobic behaviour but it's not super descriptive.

*

Royce's first instinct was to resist and fight back but he was easily outnumbered.

They were brutal and didn't spare him any sympathy. Every punch thrown at him was filled with venomous hatred. Two people held his hands forcefully and the other three took turns to beat him, cursing him to no ends.

Loser, gay, loner, attention seeker.

Royce was called names he never even heard of, didn't know the meaning of some words but he was sure they were anything but nice. Apparently, it was his fault and he brought this upon himself.

It didn't sink in at first but when the pain finally settled, his whole body was aching, arms willing to fall off, legs numb but his stomach took the most hit.

He was going to have trouble sleeping.

They only stopped when Royce wasn't capable of standing any further and decided to leave him as it is. Through the salty tears, Royce recognised the school's storeroom. A place no one bothers to check. He cradled his stomach in a fetal position, light whimpers escaping from his mouth.

Nathan found him hours later but Royce was passed out.