Part 14

Arnav and Nk were standing closer to Manohar's bed as Khushi feed him some soup after a lot of persuasion.

They all heard a knock and turned their attention to it and the door opened and in came Payal and Natasha.

Manohar looked at the girls whose lives were ruined by his so called son.

Most people would have hated Payal if they were in the shoes of Manohar but he wasn't the type to stand by evil even if that evil was his own soon.

He smiled and gestured Payal to come closer and sit on the bed and she nervously did as Khushi stood up and paved way for her.

Manohar then took her hand and said.

"They all told me what Akash did to your husband and am very sorry....... I failed as a father and that's why Akash is the way he is. " Manohar said with a cracked voice an indication he was on the verge of crying.

"You are not a failure Mr Raizada....... You taught him well but he refused to see your love alone was enough and some children with the best upbringing turn out worse and those without turn out better........ It's not your fault he turned out the way he did...... You are unfortunately a good father to an evil man consumed by hate, envy, jealousy and obsession...... Don't ever doubt your ability." Payal said sincerely and Manohar felt as if a burden has been lifted off him and he smiled at her.

"How is your husband? " He asked nervously and Payal smiled.

"He is fine..... His wounds have completely healed and his internal bleeding has stopped....... The doctors says he is now out of danger and will soon wake up. " Payal uttered in excitement and Manohar smiled at her and looked up to see another woman whose life was ruined by his son.

"Am so sorry Natasha....... Am sorry for everything he put you through." Manohar apologized and Natasha moved closer and shook her head.

"You don't have to apologize for anything....... You didn't do anything wrong...... As Payal said..... You are an amazing father...... I don't hold any grudge against you or anyone except Akash and very soon justice will be served. " Natasha said sincerely.

Arnav's phone rang breaking their reverie and he answered it and put it on loudspeaker.

"Hello Mr Roy. "

"Hi Arnav...... I called to tell you Aman and I have handed Anant and Shyam to the police and Shyam has given us the evidence we need to make Anant, Garima and Anjali rot in prison for good....... It good you had Garima and Anjali under twenty four hours surveillance and bugged their phones and we were able to know about their meeting and recorded it...... The video is also a good piece of evidence against them........ As for Akash, we were able to get the CCTV footage at Sheesh Mahal for that day, the waiter he paid to poison Natasha is also willing to testify against Akash for a reduced sentence and so is Abhishek's aunt....... I have presented my findings to the judge and persuaded him to give us a an early date for the trial and he has scheduled it two weeks from today........ I am already prepared to handle all the cases. " Mr Roy said and Arnav nodded and asked him to see to all the legal procedures regarding the cases.

"Arnav." Manohar called out immediately after Arnav hunged up.

And he looked up to his uncle, the man who took him in even when his wife was against it.

"Am so sorry uncle. " He apologized taking Manohar aback. "I was scared you were with Akash because he is your son.......  I couldn't handle another heartbreak if it turned out to be true that's why I asked you to stay away from me....... In my fear I forgot how you stood your ground against Mami, who didn't want us staying with you. " Arnav revealed shocking everyone except Khushi who already knew.