004

august 18th, 2019
2:17 pm

"AND THAT BITCH NYREE! UGH!" Sharife rested his fist on the space between his ear and his eye, bored, as Destiny paced in front of him

"AND THAT BITCH NYREE! UGH!" Sharife rested his fist on the space between his ear and his eye, bored, as Destiny paced in front of him. Sharife lounged further on the sand-colored couch that matched the paint on the walls of Destiny's basement.

"If she calls me J.Lo or Tweety Bird one more time, I swear I'm gonna go off. And freaking Kylah. If I could just get Coach Alexander to stop kissing her ass for one second, then he would see that I'm much better than he-." Sharife pressed his thumb onto the volume button on the thin black remote, raising the volume on the rerun of the NBA Summer League game currently playing on the flatscreen hung up on the wall behind Destiny.

She turned to the TV and then back to where Sharife was still lounging on the couch, "Are you serious? I'm trying to talk to you."

"No, you're not. You're talking at me," Sharife lifted his hand, "I didn't come over here to talk about Kylah and her friend. Ion even know either of them like that. Can we chill?"

"It's just our gymnastics coach is only letting Kylah compete on the mat for competition which is such bullshit." Destiny pushed back her hair as she folded in one knee to sit adjacent to him, "I'm just as good on the mat, if not better."

Sharife sighed in irritation at her continuation of the conversation, "I thought y'all were teammates."

"We are," Destiny crossed her arms and faced forward, a slight pout on her face.

"Then shouldn't you be happy for her? For your team? I read somewhere she's like ranked top five for high school gymnastics." Destiny didn't verbally respond to his words, only a twitch in her eye showing Sharife that she had heard him at all.

"If you don't know her like that, why'd you text her last week?" Destiny flashed Sharife a look he couldn't place, her arms still crossed.

Sharife threw his head back exasperatedly, "What?"

"You texted her. Why?" Destiny tilted her head.

"Brandon asked me to look after her while he's gone. That's all I was doing. How'd you know I texted her?" Sharife raised both eyebrows.

"Nyree told me. So it's not because you like her?" Destiny pressed, ignoring the last question.

"I don't even know her like that! Please relax." Sharife retorted slightly annoyedly, "She's BJ's little cousin. That's it, that's all."

Destiny rolled her eyes, huffed a little bit then inched away from him, all while muttering something under her breath.

"Aight, you got it," Sharife glanced at his phone to check the time, "I gotta go."