Chapter 5

*I can't believe it! So Holly Blue was behind all of that?!?* Pearl exclaimed as Steven was on a video chat with her, Garnet and Pearl after checking in with the Diamonds. True to his word, he didn't tell Yellow, Blue or White about Holly Blue's actions but felt his Gem family on Earth deserved to know, at least.

"Believe it, Pearl. I knew Holly Blue hated me, but to rally so much just to hurt me. She manipulated Spinel into attacking the planet. As well as Eyeball, Aquamarine, Curly and Frecky." The hybrid said as Garnet looked worried.

*Steven. I think you should cut your visit on Homeworld shorter than you had planned. I know you had planned to stay a week, but you know Holly Blue isn't going to stop even after you found out she was behind all this. I think you'd be safer here at home.* The fusion said as Steven sighed. He really didn't want to dissapoint Spinel.

Steven then felt a pair of lips kiss him on the cheek as he turned and saw a smiling Spinel.

"Steven. I understand, OK? That fusion's right, ya know. Holly Blue isn't going to stop plotting especially now that you're within striking distance. She could do something to you and make it look like an accident. Homeworld isn't safe for you right now. We'll see each other again." Spinel said as Steven smiled before looking at the video call with the now giggling Gems.

"I'll be home soon, guys." Steven said with a smile as he hung up before hugging a blushing Spinel.

"Thanks, Spinel. Let me go say goodbye to the Diamonds." The hybrid said as he rushed to inform Yellow, Blue and White that he would be heading home earlier than planned.

"*sighs* Steven....I should be the one thanking you for all you've done for me." Spinel said to herself as she blushed..

"Uh...you OK, Spinel?" A voice said as Spinel came back to reality and saw the faces of Skinny and Carnelian.

"I'm fine, you two. Why wouldn't I be?" Spinel said as Skinny looked confused.

"Because your face changed color. I think little sis called it...what was it...oh yeah! Blushing! You were blushing!" She said as Spinel looked nervous.

"Yeah! And I think Sis also said that means something about a crush or whatever she said about Steven and that human friend of his on Earth." Carnelian said as Spinel quickly left, much to the two Quartz' confusion.

"*How could I be so stupid? I forgot about...her. Ugh! Why?!? She's just a human and Steven's a Diamond! What could he ever see in her?!? * Spinel thought to herself.

"Maybe....no. I can't jump to conclusions. That's what got me in trouble before. The only way I could find out is just to talk to Steven myself and...just tell him how I feel. He's not Pink. He won't judge me or abandon me for saying something like that..." The Heart Gem thought as she gathered up all her courage and went to the Diamond Throne room, hoping that Steven was still there.

"Ah, Spinel. Steven had an emergency at home, so he said he would visit another time." Blue said as Spinel sighed.

Sure this gave her time to try and think of what to say, but Stars was this going to be difficult. How was she going to tell the same person that she not too long ago tried to kill him and his planet....

That she was in love with him?

Heh! Spinel loves Steven! See ya next chapter when we head back to Earth.

Lurkerbelow

-_Crimson-Moon_-

EndieStories

The_Lovely_Starlight

mama_kurogiri