Chapter II

"𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐌𝐄?" a little girl with h/c hair asked a boy who was taller than her

"𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐌𝐄?" a little girl with h/c hair asked a boy who was taller than her. His silver-gray hair was long and straight, and he had golden eyes.

At the moment they were in one of the gardens at the Sohma Estate. He was sitting there all by himself, so the [e/c] eyed girl wanted to accompany him.

"What Phoenix?!" He asked with a yell, clearly annoyed by the girl.

She didn't back down though. "Why are you here all alone?" she asked taking a seat beside him.

"It's none of your business..." he said looking away from her.

Ayame was going through a rather bad day today. He was contemplating on his actions earlier.

His brother was being abused by Akito, and tried reaching out to Ayame.

But as soon as his hand grabbed the fabric of Ayame's clothing, Ayame pulled away and didn't look back at his younger brother, leaving the scene and Yuki.

Ayame buried his head so the Phoenix wouldn't see his depressing state.

She however felt his pain was caused by Akito, so she moved closer towards him.

He felt the girl's presence getting closer and tried to back away but was stopped when she wrapped her arms around him.

She was hugging him.

Ayame thought that then and there he'll turn into a snake, but, he didn't.

Shock was on his face as he looked at the girl whose face was buried in his chest.

"H-how?...how can y-you hug me?" he asked the girl.

"your n-not a Sohma, so...so why?!"

She responded by lifting up her face and smiling cheekily at him.

"Cause I'm the Phoenix." and released him.

She was about to walk away when...

"H-hey! can you tell me m-more? about the Phoenix I m-mean!" he asked his face covered in blush.

She giggled, "Sure!" she was walked back to him when an idea came to mind.

"Hmmm, but only if you call me [y/n]!" she said still smiling.

"Fine...[y-y/n]..." he said with his head down to hide his blushing face.