Eighteen

"Holy shit, were actually doing this," I whispered as I grabbed Luke's hand. We were standing in front of my parents house, getting ready to walk inside after months of holding off on my parents meeting Luke. I had called my mom the day after Luke and I had talked about it and she set up date for us to come a few weeks later. It was now the end of May and everything was going great with our relationship, and I couldn't have been happier.

"It's now or never," Luke smiled before placing a kiss on the top of my head.

"Then let's go now before I change my mind," I laughed. I had spent the past few weeks briefing Luke on my parents and what to expect, that had basically included what my mom liked and what TV shows my dad liked to watch. I also mentioned some things that I knew my dad would ask him about, so he could have an answer ready whenever my dad asked.

Before we even got up to the door, the door flew open and my younger sister came barreling out at me. I let go of Luke's hand and opened my arms for the hug that I knew was coming for me. "I've missed you so much!" Jasmine cried as she hugged me tight.

"I missed you too Jas," I chuckled as I gave her one final squeeze before pulling away.

I watched as Jasmine turned towards Luke and examined him, "So you're the husband?" She asked.

"I believe so," He chuckled, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Jas please don't start interrogating Luke yet, we just got here and he still needs to meet Mom and Dad," I warned my sister.

"Fine, but let me know when Dad starts asking questions," She said before heading back into the house.

"I see some similarities in you two," Luke chuckled as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I tilted my head up and kissed his cheek.

"Wait until you meet my mom," I giggled. I unwrapped his hands from my waist and wrapped my hands around his arm before leading him into me childhood home.

"Mom? Dad?" I called out, knocking on the frame of the front door before shutting it behind us.

My mom came out if the kitchen wearing her favorite blue apron, her blonde hair was pulled up on the back of her head with a clip.

"Oh Addy! I've missed you so much!" She smiled as she pulled me into a hug.

"I've missed you too Mom," I said, inhaling her familiar scent of vanilla.

I pulled away from her and grabbed Luke's arm and pulled him up next to me, "Mom, this is Luke."

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Parker," Luke said, holding his hand out for a handshake, but my Mom hugged him instead.

"Welcome to the family Luke," She smiled, "and please call me Julie," she told him as she pulled away.

"Adalyn, you did not tell me he was Australian," She said.

"I thought Jas would have told you, but yes he is Australian," I informed her, wrapping one arm around Luke's back and placing the other on his chest.

"Where's Dad?" I asked, looking around the house, not seeing my father.

"He's out back, doing yard work as usual," Mom sighed before heading back to the kitchen.

"Dad loves our yard like it's his child," I told Luke as he headed towards the back door of the house, "Just don't step in the flower bed or touch anything and we'll be good."

"I'll keep that in mind, " Luke chuckled as I pushed open the backdoor and lead him outside.

"Dad?" I called, heading down the steps of our deck, heading to where my dad was weeding a flower bed.

My father turned to look at me and smiled, "Hi honey, I didn't realize you were here already." He got up and wiped his hands on his pants before pulling me into a hug.

"How have you been dad?" I asked him as I pulled away.

"You know, same as usual. Begin in the house with your mother and Jasmine for so long was starting to make me go a little crazy, but we're all good now," he chuckled.

"Mom and Jas are a handful together, ?" I agreed as I reached for Luke's hand. I paused before continuing with,  "Dad, this is Luke."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Parker," Luke smiled as he shook my father's hand.

"You can call me Andrew," my dad told him, "So, Luke, I hear you're in a band?" He started as he headed towards the deck and gestured for us to sit at the patio table with him.

"Yes I am," Luke confirmed, sitting down in a seat across from my father, while I was diagonal from my father and next to Luke.

"Their music is wonderful Dad, maybe I'll send a couple of songs for you and mom to listen to," I told my father.

"I would like that!" My mother smiled as she came to join us at the table with a plate of snacks.

"I'll send you some stuff tomorrow," I promised her.

"So Luke," Dad started, bringing the focus of the conversation back to Luke, "How did you end up in LA?"

I got up to grab a bottle of water as I listened to Luke's answer, "Well, my band mates and I realized that while we love Australia with all of our hearts and it will always be our home, but we knew that we would have plenty more opportunities music wise in America, so we decided it was worth it to make the move out here," Luke explained.

Dad studied Luke for a moment, "So how much money do you have?"

I nearly choked on my water at the words that cane out of my dad's mouth, "Dad! Why does it matter?" I coughed.

Luke put his hand on my thigh, "It's okay," he said to me before turning to my father, "I have enough money to keep a roof over your daughters head and make sure she has whatever she happens to need," He informed my father.

I grabbed his hand under the table and smiled, hopefully that answer would make my dad leave the subject alone.

"So? Lunch?" My mom asked before getting up and hurrying into the kitchen, not even waiting for an answer.

There was my family for you, as soon as anything became awkward the subject got changed whether you wanted it to or not.

-----

Hey everyone! I am so sorry that I have not update in like two months, but I will definitely have more time in December because I don't have final exams to worry about this semester :) Thank you all for sticking with this story!

xx - Sidney