Chapter Seventy-Five

Chapter Seventy-Five - Shocks and Internal Fractures

*Genevieve*

Letting out a dramatic sigh, I smirked as I sat back against the couch. Throwing the controller to the side as I watched Emmett silently grumble about his loss.

"I win again!" I happily exclaim, only making Emmett's face fall more. Jasper let out a chuckle from behind his book, shaking his head as he closed it and put it to the side, smirking at Emmett the entire time.

"Five times! Five times Genevieve's won! Five times you've lost!" He ridiculed.

"I'd like to see you try and win," Emmett snapped, still upset about losing. Jasper scoffed as he shook his head.

"Please!" he said, standing up and taking Emmett's place. The two of us quickly began to play, the room falling silent as we both focused on the game. Emmett smirked and cheered loudly anytime that I did better than Jasper. His voice caused everyone else to make their way into the room, all of them smirking as they saw us zeroed in on the TV.

"Five bucks says Genevieve wins."

"I'll bet on that."

I chuckled as I listen to them begin to place bets, eventually falling silent as they all watched the screen.

______________________

"Ha! Pay up!" Rose exclaimed pointing a finger at Emmett. He let out a groan as he handed her the money, sending Jasper a glare as he did so.

"How!" he whined.

"You act like all I do is paint," I say, chuckling Emmett sat down on the couch with a defeated look.

"Bella," Alice whispered, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. Quickly reaching for her phone and dialing. We all stand up, glancing at one another trying to figure out what just happened. The joking atmosphere that had previously filled the room was gone, in its place one of confusion and uncertainty.

"Bella?" She asks, pressing the phone to her ear.

"I'm not 100% sure," Bella says through the phone.

"Why? What's wrong?" Alice asks, her eyes whizzing back and forth. "I just..."

"You just what?" Bella asks nervously. "Alice what did you see?"

Carlisle quickly motioned for the phone, Alice meeting his gaze and nodding her head. "Here's Carlisle," she says quickly, passing the phone off. All of us turn our gaze towards Carlisle.

"Bella, what's going on?" he asks, keeping his gaze down on the ground as he listens closely to what Bella says.

"I don't know. I'm a little worried. Can vampires go into shock?" she asks, her voice wavering slightly.

We all immediately glance at one another, thinking that Edward had gotten injured. Alice turned her gaze to the ground, her eyes still whizzing back and forth, confusion evident on her face.

"Has Edward been harmed?" Carlisle asks calmly.

"No," she says immediately, making us all let it a sigh of relief. "I know that it's impossible, but I think I'm pregnant."