chapter 44

I squinted my eyes as the harsh glare of sunlight hit my face. Concrete crunched under my bare feet as I made my way to the car. Thankfully we drove back home in my car last night.

The road was deserted as it was quite early yet and my upper body shook as the chilly early morning wind hit my exposed skin.

Pulling the keys out of my pockets, I unlocked the car and hurried in a driver's seat, before putting my sneakers on and locked the car from inside.

Inserting the keys in ignition, I started the engine and pulled the car out of the area, speeding it down the road. Away from her.

Once I was sure I was at safe distance, I pulled in on the side of the road, surrounded by bushes.

And sat there in silence.

My toes were numb. Just like my brain. For a moment I kept staring down the road over to the horizon where sun was still half dipped in the ocean and half up. Just making its presence known. Promising its upcoming furry.

I jumped at the honk of a car that passed by me and some asshole of a guy grinned back at me through the window.

Jerk!

Slowly everything started seeping through my brain into my consciousness again.

Fucking hell!

What have I just done! Oh my God,  what did I do. What did i do. Now what's gonna happen?

I can't go to jail!

There's no fricking way I made her come downstairs to me and pulled her down and goddamned raped her in my sleep!

There must be some footage in any camera she might hopefully has installed somewhere in the house!

Surely cops can see it and believe me. Not on her crap!

Sucking a harsh breath in, I pulled on my hair.

Getting in trouble all the damn time!

My left eye was twitching badly and I rubbed my hand all over my face, trying to ease away the tension.

And this...this smell..!

I looked down and scrunched my nose up in disgust at the sight of my own puke sticking to my bare stomach along with few splashes on the fabric of my pants as well.

Pulling down the dash cam, I looked at my reflection and winced back at the awful sight.

The blood somehow dried up at the corner of my lips, leaving a trail down my chin. Few cuts were apparent here n there down my neck and up my collar bone by the scattered glass pieces.

Quickly remembering the hit I got at the back of my neck,i ran my fingers through my neck, to jump as they brushed through the open gash.

Fuck!

Looking around, I picked the bottle from dashboard and exited the car. Nearing the bushes, I hunched over and splashed the damned cold water on my body, jerking at the shock as it made contact with my skin.

Clearing the blood up, I splashed some of it on my face, rising the remaining grogginess in my system  from last night.

Just the remembrance of last night spiked up the growing headache at the back of my head. But I had no time to think about it. It could be dealt later with.

Picking the glass shards out of my skin, i washed the blood off.

Finally having gotten rid of this nuisance, I hopped inside the car once again.