Chapter 14

KEHLANI'S POV

I woke up, confused as to where I was. My eyes shifted from left to right and I quickly remembered that I was in Michael's room. I sat up in the bed and let out a yawn.

I grabbed my phone to check the time. It's 7:46 am. Knowing I wasn't gonna go back to sleep anytime soon, I got up from the bed and walked out of the room.

I walked towards the kitchen and I couldn't get to the kitchen without out passing the living room, which is where Michael is sleeping. I offered to sleep on the couch, but he insisted for me to sleep in his bedroom, so I did. I kinda felt bad, but not really.

I walked inside the kitchen and went to the refrigerator to grab a bottle of water.

"Why you up so early?" I heard Michael's tired voice behind me and I turned around while taking a sip of water.

"So I can get water." I sarcastically pursed my lips.

It was silent between the two of us and it was an awkward silence. I don't know why it was awkward, but it was awkward.

I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what to say so I just walked back into the room.

I sat down on the bed and grabbed my phone off the nightstand next to it. I scrolled through text messages that were exchanged throughout the night and went through my social media. As I was doing that, Michael walked in the room and went through his closet and grabbed some clothes to put on.

"Where you goin'?" I asked looking up at him.

"I gotta run some errands."

'At seven, almost eight, in the morning? Okay.' "Can I come with you? I don't have anything to do, so I'mma be bored." I asked as he walked towards the door, getting ready to walk back out.

"Nah, you can't come." He shook his head. "Why not?" I questioned and he stopped and looked at me.

"'Cause I said so. Stop askin' questions." He commanded and I smacked my teeth and looked back down at my phone. He walked out of the room and about five minutes later, I heard the front door closed.

"I shoulda asked more questions just to irritate him." I said to myself before I dramatically huffed and sat my phone back on the nightstand and lied back down on the bed. I started to think about everything that happened in the past two weeks. I went from finding out Michael possibly got a girl pregnant to me staying in his apartment for a few days.

Shits crazy.

I stared up at the ceiling fan as I was still in deep thought. All the events that happened yesterday came into mind, including that kiss. I didn't know whether to cringe or smile about the kiss, but it's not like I didn't like it.

It was my first kiss-my first kiss was really in kindergarten, but we're not gonna talk about that.

Hearing my notifications on my phone continuously go off, I sat back up and and grabbed it. I saw unread messages in the group chat I'm in with Isabella and them.

They were talking about getting breakfast somewhere and I texted and said that I'll go too. I don't have anything else to do so I might as well.

I brushed my teeth, got dressed, and left my hair in the messy, but neat bun it was in. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and walked out of the apartment. It was cold as hell outside and it was almost March.

Once I saw Isabella's car in the parking lot of the apartment complex, I hurried up and got in.

"You gotta tell us everything that happened yesterday." Hailey said next to me as I put my seat belt on. Isabella backed out and we were on the road.