10.Family

Thanking @Hithashree03 for voting.

Author's POV:

"Desiree, I beg you. Please tell us what happened in the Eterna mansion." Victor asked.

She was hugging him close. Her little hand was fisted and clutching his shirt tightly. He signed and made her sit on the bed. He sat beside her since she didn't leave him. Lucas was sitting on her other side. Ethan, Liam and William were sitting on the floor surrounding them.

'Darius escaped from the warehouse. Someone out of my men should have helped Darius to escape and covered that he escaped for two days. Today Simon visited the warehouse to get a week off as he is visiting his wife. And he noticed that something is wrong and called me. I underestimated Darius. He is capable of literally anything. But after 11 years we caught him and still we couldn't end his era. We are the strongest mafia gang in U.S. Our father was Italian. But our mom was American. Dad moved from Italy to strengthen the business.' Victor thought.

He sighed again and gave her a squeeze. She sat there silently. "Tell me Daisy," he said.

'My brothers are not what I thought them. They indeed care about me. But it's not enough to gain my whole trust.' Desiree thought.

She sighed and hugged him close to her. He let her and wrapped his arms around her. "Nothing really happened, Mr.D.....Vi..Victor." she said. He was really happy. This is the first time she let her guards down and spoke to them. He sighed in content.

Her face also broke into a small smile. But they didn't see it as her face was hid in his chest. Once in her life, she thought she was home. Safe and content in her brother's arms.

If only she knew....

A few minutes had passed. The both were still in the same position. Somehow it provided the much needed comfort for both the sister and her brother. All the others left the room to do their business and deal with Joseph Regatti

They were still sitting in the bed. She was leaning her head on his chest while he securely wrapped his hands around her. For her, he was one of the only men she could ever trust in her life. For him, she was the daughter he never had. Of course she is his sister, but he was the one who held her on the day of her birth. Showed the love that a dad would have for his daughter. Cared about her as if she is the only lifeline he ever had in his life. Loved her like no man can ever love her.

All of the other brothers loved her, but they are not even close to the love Victor has for her.

The door suddenly flew open and Ethan came in wearing a apron covered in maybe tomato sauce.

"I love you too and all but I can't see both of the hugging for compensating the 11 years," Ethan said. Victor glared at him. Suddenly his face softened not because of the cute pout on Ethan's face, but just the sound of giggle from his sister.

"Okay okay. You two can have this sister-brother bonding time after eating food. And I made tomato spaghetti." Ethan said and went out of the room while calling the other brothers in a baby voice.

"Come, Desiree. Let's eat." She nodded and went with him. All of them sat on the dining table and started to eat.

Desiree didn't have an appetite after witnessing the gun shot from her brother.

Victor knew that something is bothering her. She didn't tell him about what happened in the Eterna mansion. He even asked her after all the other brothers left, but she didn't tell him anything and that he treated her well. Like he believe that.

Desiree was what Victor longed for. Every time his mom got pregnant, his father said it's a girl. But being born where boys. He longed for a sister who would rely on and love him, talk to him about her day, ask him about his day. But that didn't make him love his brothers less. He loved them to death. But Desiree is a lot more special. She is like a daughter for him. His brothers are his brothers. But his sister is his daughter.

By now, everyone has finished eating. Suddenly a thought came to Desiree's mind. She hesitantly pulled Victor's sleeves. He looked at his baby sorella with love and asked. "What happened, Margarita (Daisy)?", he asked.

"Where should I sleep tonight?" She asked and Victor thought for some moment and said, "You can sleep in anyone of our bothers room. Where do you like to sleep?"

Desiree thought for 10 good seconds and hesitantly asked, "Can we all sleep in one place? I feel very scared." She said and her voice trembled.

Victor suddenly said, "Of course. You dont have to ask us. You can order us, Dolcezza(sweety)".

Victor looked at his brothers and they were waiting for his permission. Once he nodded, they scurried away to come back with air mattresses, quilts and pillows. They moved the couches that were on the living room and placed them near the walls. After putting the air mattress and pillows they lied down on the mattress.

Victor was in the middle and Desiree was a curled ball in his chest. William was on Victor's left, hugging Victor with one hand. And beside him was Ethan cuddling William. Liam and Lucas were on the other side of Victor.

The morning rays peeked through the windows. Simon was standing in the door of the living room where his boss and his best friend was sleeping happily with his family. Family. Yeah this is family. All of theirs face had a small smile. They thought that they got the life back to them. Simon snapped a picture of the sibling sleeping and saved the picture. Victor would love to see the picture. Everyone was happy.

If only they knew.....

......

Wordcount: 1009

Hey guys. Just a thought.

Should I update one chapter daily or once per two days?

Anyways. They are getting close, but not close.

Will the brothers able to save their sister?

OR

Will they leave her alone to deal with her sadness?

Bye bye.