48

"Daisy.." I whispered as she raised her brows at me. "What the fuck is all over your face?" Daisy asked as I just stared at her. "Paint...because you thought I needed to redecorate my room." I said and crossed my arms.

"Yeah....maybe that was a little dramatic." She said as I breathed an angry laugh. "A little?! You ruined everything I own! Then you ghosted me for a fucking month! Why are you even here?!" I asked angrily as she chuckled.

"I live here, Violet." She said as I shook my head. "No you don't." I said as she sighed. "Look, I'm sorry...I know I have been the worst, but I've missed you, V." She said as I crossed my arms.

"Babe?" Colby asked as Daisy's brows scrunched up. "What's he doing here?" She asked as he came walking into the room. "What are YOU doing here?" I asked as Colby clenched his jaw.

"I wanted to apologize." She said as I shook my head. "You should go." I said as she shook her head, "Are you kidding?" She asked as I turned to walk back to my room. "Are you kidding?! You broke girl code! This is all your fucking fault!" She yelled as I clenched my jaw.

"You broke my heart!!" I screamed and whipped around. "Also, FUCK girl code! He never wanted you to begin with! He loves me! Why can't you just see that!?" I yelled as Colby pulled my arm back.

"She's not worth it, baby." Colby said as Daisy shook her head. "He doesn't love you! He's just feels bad for you!" She yelled as I looked at Colby, "that's not true. Don't listen to her, Vi." He said as I shook my head.

"Get out of here Daisy, you're just embarrassing yourself." I said then turned to walk away again. "Right, because I'm the one that's chasing after someone who's just gonna leave them." She said as I turned around and stormed towards her.

"Shut the fuck up. Colby loves me. He never wanted you! Get it through your thick ass skull." I said as she laughed. "Is that why we made out? He was pretty willing to do that." She said with a cocky grin.

"Right. Is that why he sent your ass home, then had sex with me?" I asked and raised my brows as her jaw dropped. "He didn't do that." She said as I shrugged, "Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Now go back to where you came from." I said then turned to walk away for the third time.

"Violet, wait!" Daisy said as I continued walking. "You heard her. Get out." Colby said causing her to huff then walked away, slamming the door.

I walked into my bedroom then sat on the floor and pulled my knees into my chest. "Violet..." Colby said quietly as he sat down next to me. "I'm fine." I whispered as he pulled me into him. "No you're not." He said as I sighed and leaned into his chest.

"I just don't understand." I mumbled as he kissed my head. "She doesn't matter, V. In two weeks I'm gonna show you what true friends are like. They won't treat you like that." He said quietly as I sniffled.

"Did I do something wrong..I don't understand." I said as he played with my hair. "No, you didn't do anything wrong." He said as another knock on the door sounded.

"I'll get it. Just sit here and hang tight." Colby said then got up and jogged out of the room. I sighed and combed my hand through my hair as I looked around the room.

I giggled at the paint that was splattered all over the tarp on the ground around me from our little paint fight.

Colby was right. Real friends should never treat their friends like how Daisy has treated me. It made me wonder what she really came here for, since I knew it wasn't really to make up with me.

Colby came back into the room a few minutes later with a paper bag that had our Chinese food in it.

"Oh, I'm so fucking hungry." I said and reached for the bag. "When was the last time you ate?" He asked as I pulled my food out of the bag. "Hmmm...yesterday morning." I said as I opened the container.

"Violet! Please tell me you're joking." He said as I shook my head. "I worked at the diner, ate there, then came home for an hour, we had sex, then I went to work at the hospital...now we're here." I said as he sighed.

"You have to take care of yourself." He said as I nodded. "The time just slipped away from me, don't worry. I'm eating now, I'm sorry." I said and took a bite of my noodles.

"You're so hot." He said and pointed to the noodles that were hanging out of my mouth. "Shut up." I said and pushed him playfully. "I'm being serious!" He said as I rolled my eyes, "right. I'm the sexiest person alive with my dirty hair in a bun, paint all over my face, and noodles hanging out of my mouth." I said as he shrugged.

"I think you're stunning." He said quietly as I grinned. "You're sweet." I said and smiled at him, then kissed his cheek.

We ended up eating our Chinese, then finished painting my room. "I need to get out of this room before I die from the fumes." I said with a giggle as we finished cleaning everything up.

"Are you sleeping on the couch with me then?" He asked as I nodded. "If you don't mind." I said as he chuckled, "I'll never mind sleeping with you." He said as I smirked and walked out of the room.

"Do you want to shower first or should I?" I asked as he shrugged. "Let me go first, I'll be quick." He said as I nodded then went to get myself a glass of water.

As he showered I cleaned up the living room, making the makeshift bed on the couch a little more comfortable for two people.

I then went out to get high on the balcony. I needed to numb the anxiety that was building up from talking to Daisy earlier. It didn't feel real that she just showed up randomly after a month of not seeing her.

I just wanted to know why the hell she showed up without warning. Did that mean she was staying close by? Did that mean she would come back? Did I want to forgive her?

My thoughts were interrupted by the back door opening, "Hey, are you okay?" Colby asked as he sat down next to me. "Yeah, just thinking." I said and handed him the blunt in my hand.

"About what?" He asked as I shook my head, "Doesn't matter. I'm gonna go shower." I said then stood up and kissed his cheek before going inside.

The weed did a good job at numbing the anxiety I was feeling which was good because I just wanted it to go away permanently.

I didn't like the way I was feeling about this move, because I was excited but also extremely nervous. I never expected myself to move across the country again. I thought I would end up retiring here, so I could live my parents dream.

I guess I was living my dream now.

I sighed then got in the shower, letting the hot water burn my skin slightly. I felt good to rub the dried paint off of my body and cheeks. I knew I was going to break out from the paint on my cheek but I didn't care, we had a lot of fun.

Once I was showered I walked out to the living room, towel drying my hair. "How was your shower?" Colby asked as he looked up at me with a smile. "It was good, what are you watching?" I asked and threw my towel in the washing machine, then walked over to sit next to him.

"Sam's video. He posted today, and I like watching his videos." Colby said as I grinned. "Do you miss him?" I asked as he nodded, "yeah, he's my best friend. Actually no, he's like a brother." He said as I leaned over to cuddle into him.

"Is he mad you're here with me? You know I can roadtrip to LA by myself..." I said as he laughed. "He's not mad that I'm here with you. I think he's glad I'm here." He said as I looked at him with confusion.

"Why would he be glad?" I asked as he sighed and wrapped his arms around me. "I didn't really get out of bed when we split. I couldn't do it." He said as I frowned. "I'm sorry." I said as he chuckled. "It's not your fault baby. I'm the idiot that broke things off." He said as I shook my head.

"You're not an idiot. I'm just a bitch." I said as he laced his fingers through my hair. "Shut up, we're just a little dysfunctional." He said as I grinned. "I guess we are." I said then watched the video with him.

I ended up falling asleep against his chest as he gently combed through my wet hair.

It made me happy that I got to have him around, I feel like seeing Daisy would have went a completely different way if I didn't have him.

He was right though, we were dysfunctional.

But there's nobody else I would rather be dysfunctional with.