40) Their Routine

Update: next Friday, I will finally be uploading the final chapters!! It'll likely be three chapters, so I'll just post them all in one go. I'm writing them this week, but big things are coming! 🥳

"We should leave the windows open, sweetheart." Damien was desperate for some ventilation. Ever since they moved into their new place, Damien had suffered many headaches, stomach aches, and nausea attacks. He just couldn't seem to tolerate the woody smell that was coming from the new house.

"Just go to the car. I'll wrap up here." Ella ushered him out, staying to open up a few windows up to a safe enough space and plugging in some air fresheners.

Ella had felt fine, and she thought Damien's strong dislike towards the woody smell would go away, but it had gotten to the point where Damien would spend as much time as possible outside of the house, and he wouldn't even be able to eat inside. Ella was beginning to get concerned it wasn't going away: not the smell and not Damien's odd symptoms.

After dining out again, once Damien showered, he left straight from the bathroom and into Ella's arms, resting his nose right where her collarbone was, knowing that her pulse was warmly beating there and that her fragrance was the strongest there.

"Are you okay?" Ella turned, feeling Damien maneuver his way so that he could bury his face near her neck. She lifted a hand to his fragrant and wet hair, massaging his scalp.

"Your scent helps." Damien whispered, grateful that Ella's soft fragrance had been enough to get him through the nights. Her essence was the reason he had been in here for as long as he had.

"My poor fiancé." Ella kissed his forehead, using one hand to caress his hair and scalp and the other one to softly rub his back muscles. He had been spending more time at the gym now with all of his abrupt free time from home.

Damien chuckled at her reference to him. It was still weird to hear even after being engaged for more than half a year now.

"Have you given much thought to the color theme of the wedding?" Damien asked Ella, knowing that she had been crafting some ideas before they had left for dinner.

Ella took a deep breath, her chest rising below Damien's head. "I did, but I don't know, babe."

"What?" Damien used a hand to caress her sides through her night gown. "Are you having a hard time? We can hire a wedding planner. I can help you take care of other things. Obviously, I won't be the decision maker, but I can give my opinion-"

Ella didn't mean to cut him off with her laughter, but it was so endearing how he was so eager to help and instantly giving her options.

"What?" Damien lifted his head, smiling once he saw Ella's bright face and smile. She looked stunningly gorgeous. "What?" Damien persisted, pressing a kiss to her smiling lips.

"I'm just glad you're so willing to help. What I was saying about the colors is that I don't know which you would prefer. There some ideas I have in mind, but I'd like it if you were apart of this process. I want to know that you're going to like this wedding too."

"I'm going to love it regardless if you pick that... swan pink color or if you want lime green for a dress." Damien offered, raising on his forearms on either side of Ella's body, grazing the skin of her arms with his fingers.

"I'm actually glad you said that," Ella lifted her hand to graze his stubble with her thumb, her other fingers tenderly holding his jaw. "I want a bright pink one."

Damien blinked. "Um, okay... well, if you really like it," Damien seemed taken aback.

"I'm just kidding, babe." Ella laughed, feeling Damien smile in relief before leaning forward on her, kissing her gently. Ella only wrapped her arms loosely around his neck, feeling how his warm and hard body came down onto hers.