16

☀︎

The familiar sign of The Dungeon meets me and my feet throb as I step into the dark club, this evening has gone to shit already and I need to know where I'm standing with everyone. Xavier didn't follow me, but I couldn't just go home and allow him to track my moves. The Dungeon is the next best thing right now. My dress is out of the dress code in here and people stare at me, I can't bring myself to care. 

My eyes roam the club and finally spot the brown hair at the end of the room, he is already staring at me and knows I'm coming when I storm in his direction. My bare feet against the floor is almost painful, but no emotion shows on my face when I reach his table and sit down. 

"Nice to see you again, Eloisa," He nods at me, the scar running from his forehead and over his eye catches my attention as always.

"Rocco," I answer. "Quite packed tonight, don't you think?"

"Your intense presence definitely makes the club suffocating," He always tells me this. That my presence is dominating and could suffocate even the strongest man. I never understood what he meant until I met Xavier Romano. He is what I would refer to as having a suffocating and dominating presence. "What brought you here tonight?"

"Can't I simply miss the company of my friend?" I ask him, my eyes cut to his blue ones and he shakes his head.

"You aren't the type to miss anyone's company, you always want something."

"You make me sound so demanding," Raising an eyebrow at him. 

"That's because you are," The expression on his face has me slightly humored. 

"Fair enough."

His eyes scan me momentarily and he tenses up, "You did the thing I asked you not to do, didn't you?"

"You bark a lot of orders at me, gotta be more specific than that," I know exactly what he implies, but I don't want to admit what went down at the party. 

He frowns at the sight of my hand, "Is that blood?"

"No?" 

"That's not a question you're supposed to answer with another question," His confusion entertains me, but I should probably keep my cool just this once. He can't be too involved in what I do for a living, it will only be dangerous for him in the long run. "Don't get blood on the furniture in here, it was expensive."

"I won't," I give him the sweetest smile possible for someone as indifferent as me. 

"You look constipated," He states with a grimace. 

"Thanks, Rocco."

"If you brought danger into my club I will raise hell, Eloisa," He says, clearly getting enough of my indifferent attitude. "I can't be responsible for so many lives, you aren't even allowed in here after the last stunt you pulled. This is serious and I need to see you take it seriously, these are people's lives, okay?"

A conversation next to me has me tensing up, "Be quiet for a minute."

"What the hell do you mean? 'Be quiet for a minute' my ass. We're friends, but I will escort you out if you do as much as anything stupid. You can't just ask me to be quiet when I'm panicking!"

"I don't care if you're panicking; just do it quietly!" I snap at him and he shuts up instantly, allowing me to listen in on their conversation. 

"- It's not like he wants us out there. Boss is as emotionless as always, if we cross him we might as well start digging our graves," One of them speaks. 

"Why the fuck did you drag me into this shit? I told you we shouldn't mess with the Italian mafia and especially not Xavier Romano. That man eats the feeling of killing, he enjoys hearing people scream. He is fucking sick in the head! How could you be so careless?" Another voice hisses in a threatening manner. 

"But do you realize the type of money we could have? All we have to do is find her, this is the ultimate test you know. To see if he has any weaknesses at all," The first man's words have me interested. 

"We can't take their word for it! For all we know this is a ploy to spot the loyal ones in the mafia, we will be breaking omertá by going against Romano. It's stupid to believe the word of some random man who witnessed them in an office together."

Puzzled pieces are slowly falling into place, I'm not stupid, not naive either, but this surely sounds like they're looking for me. The act of finding me has something to do with Xavier somehow, and my head races with all the possible scenarios. 

"Eloisa, what are they talking about?" Rocco whispers next to me. 

"Me," I state. 

"You think your warrant has something to do with Mr. Romano?" He asks, the question is heavy in the air. 

"I don't know," I say and watch as the two men leave the club. "But I'm about to find out."

"Do not kill them on my ground," He calls after me.

"Not if it's unnecessary. If I do find it necessary I will kill them, but only a little bit," I smirk at him and pull on my heels again, the pain has subsided in my feet as I follow their trail. 

They walk down the dark streets and into the park, my instincts kick in instantly and I know I have to take my chance. Running into the woods and hiding behind a huge tree, I scream loudly and both of them perk up at the sound. Their footsteps sound into the woods where I find myself lying on the ground, one of them smirks at me and rubs his hands together. 

"So what do we have here?" He says and licks his lips creepily, fucking pig. 

"A dead predator," I say and shoot him in the forehead. 

The other guy reaches for his gun and I instantly aim my own at his foot, pulling the trigger he falls and clutches the limb in pure agony. 

"Oh, darling. I wouldn't do that if I were you," I tell him and tilt my head to the side, the smirk reaches my lips when I knock him out by slamming my gun against his temple. 

Sleep tight.