Chapter 2: Her History

After school ended everyone started spreading rumors on what happened in Lyrica's class that morning. People were describing how the Prince's advisor was there to personally find Lyrica to give her a gift from the gift. It was then she was revealed as the engaged partner to the Prince, something Lyrica was unaware of and something she doesn't want to believe.

"So Lyrica how are we getting home?" Lyrica and Alice were hiding with their hoods on when they saw a bunch of reporters right outside of their school entrance. They were being held off by their school's security guards, but they knew they were there to find Lyrica.

"Ryan texted me that he'll find a way out into the student parking lot." Lyrica explained to Alice, "Seriously this is ridiculous. We need to get home..." Inside Lyrica wanted an explanation one what was going on by her aunt or grandmother since they probably knew why this was happening.

"Hey you guys!" They both turned around and saw Ryan running towards them and he stopped near them to catch his breathe.

"So what's the situation?" Alice asked him.

"There's not a lot of reporters in the back entrance so you guys should go there instead. I'll help bring you guys over there too."

"Honestly what is the principal doing about all of this?" Lyrica wondered, "I mean you have a bunch of reporters in the school, yet he's in his office probably playing eight-ball right now."

"Pfft." Ryan chuckled even in the most serious situation Lyrica could crack a joke, "C'mon let's get going. Keep your hood on Lyrica." He pulled her hood to the top of her head, "People are going to recognize you."

"Yea your right."

Alice looked at the two staring at each other and shakes her head.

Honestly he should just confess at this point.

The trio walked towards the back of the school. It wasn't too far from where they already are. As they walked the hallways were full of voices talking about the whole incident.

"I heard this from that girls class!"

"Really the fiancé? From our school?"

"It must be a load of fake news."

Lyrica felt embarrassed. It seemed like everyone only knew part of the story. No one actually thought about how Lyrica felt in her shoes. She was scared and nervous about the whole situation. Did she have to continue the whole week like this? With all the attention Lyrica only grew anxious.

"Hey are you okay?" Ryan looked back at Lyrica.

"Me? I'm just...A bit confused right now."

"Hey trust me, you'll make it through the week." Ryan always knew when Lyrica felt down. He always knew what to say to her when she was worried and she gave a small smile back to him.

They made it to the back entrance and there were only a few reporters there. Then there was a person who yelled out to them.

"I SAW HIS FIANCÉ AT THE FRONT ENTRANCE! YOU GUYS GOTTA CHECK IT OUT!"

The reporters ran like sheep's in a herd and made their way to the front entrance. The trio was surprised to see who yelled out, it was Lucia and she was standing there proudly.

"Your welcome." She winked at Lyrica, "Think of it as an apology gift for what happened in Hazel's."

"Thank you Lucia!" Lyrica hugged her tightly, "C'mon Alice we have to go run to the car now. I'll see you both tomorrow!" She waved goodbye to Ryan and Lucia.

They both booked it to the student parking lot. As they were running Lyrica caught a glimpse at the crowd waiting for her arrival at the front entrance. She was lucky enough to avoid that and they were able to make it to her car safely. She unlocked the car and threw her bag at the back of the car. She buckled her seatbelt, adjusted her mirror, and turned on the ignition.