"Not Just A Shadow" Obanai X Fem! Reader

SoraYume123's 2nd request

A shadow. That's what you are.

Being Kanroji Mitsuri's sister has its pros and cons.

You and Mitsuri are twins. So why is she getting all the attention? You two are kind of the same, appearance wise. You also had her amazing strenght. Why were you treated differently than her? Was it because of your personality that made people want to ignore you?

Mitsuri was the social (kind of) and beautiful one. You were the shy and timid one. Is that why you're only a shadow of Mitsuri? Did no one found you interesting and just chose to ignore you? You honestly didn't mind. You were just curious.

When you and Mitsuri joined the Demon Slaying Corps, you both were acquainted with a boy named Iguro Obanai.

After the days that 'you', Mitsuri and Obanai interacted, you sorta felt attracted to Obanai. Was it his cold attitude? His kind of mysterious aura? Or was it something else? Either way, there was something about him that made you fond of him.

You knew damn well that you won't have a chance. He probably likes your sister, Mitsuri. Who wouldn't? She's beautiful, social, amazing, etc. And you? You were just plain old (Y/N).

And lately, Obanai is spending more time with Mitsuri than usual. You assume that he has fallen for her. You were starting to lose hope. Was it even there in the first place?

"*sigh* Why am I even hoping that he likes me? Mitsuri is a better choice than plain old me. Like, who would like someone like me?", You sigh to yourself as tears ran down your cheeks. It hurted you. It was the first time you ever felt attracted to someone and it's someone you know that you'll never get a chance with. It just breaks your heart.

"I would.", a voice spoke.

Upon hearing the sudden voice, you looked at the origin of the voice. It was Obanai. Your eyes widened.

'Is this a dream? Is this a joke? Haahhahha maybe. Why would he even like me? Of all people. Hell, he actually knows about my existance?' Various thoughts flooded your mind.

"E-eh? Iguro-san? W-what did you s-say?", you managed to stutter out.

"I said, "I would." Are you deaf?", Obanai said, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

"I- ... hahahahaha this is a joke, right? You don't actually like me, right?", You questioned. You weren't gonna believe it. There is no way that someone like you would be liked. Unless...

"Oh. Maybe you just mistook me as Mitsuri. Yeah. Yeah. That's the reason hahahaha. Or maybe Mitsuri rejected you or something and you came to me because I look like her and you decided to love me instead. Hahaha maybe.. no I am just a rebound hahahaha...", You blurted out. Each word you said, more tears flowed down your cheeks. You stood up and ran.