16. Missing Person

╒══════╡°•✦•°╞══════╕

ONCE IN A BLUE MOON
𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷

╘══════╡°•✧•°╞══════╛

THE DAY LUNA HAD WITH JASPER THE OTHER DAY was probably the most soothing one she had in a long time

THE DAY LUNA HAD WITH JASPER THE OTHER DAY was probably the most soothing one she had in a long time. Well, that was until she got home and Jasper called to tell her that Jeremy is missing. His body is missing from the woods and the Cullens tried to follow the stench of this unfamiliar vampire until it was abruptly lost.

After Charlie's meeting with the state police of Arizona, they were able to arrest Hannah Roman for six years and they plan to arrest Jeremy Nolan for seven. However, no one has ever been able to contact the young man. The baseball team that he went with to the retreat has no idea where he is, nor does his parents.

And Charlie, the police, as well as the Cullens, have been searching for him non-stop.

"Where could this bastard be?" Charlie whispered as he sat in the living room with his raven-haired daughter.

"Hopefully, rotting in hell and crying for his momma." Luna muttered, which was loud enough for Charlie to hear.

"No, he doesn't get to escape me that easily." Charlie replied, clenching Jeremy's file in his hand before throwing it back on the table in a frustrated manner.

"This is messed up." Charlie sighed as he leans back on the couch, burying his face into his palms.

"Hey, I said Jeremy's crying, not you." Luna joked.

Charlie gives his daughter a serious look and that's when Luna dropped her usual sarcastic self.

"Okay, I'm sorry, daddy. I just-" Luna sighed deeply. "I was just used to pretending everything's okay." She added.

Charlie looked at his daughter softly before responding.

"Everything will be okay." Charlie told her, and it finally put a genuine smile on Luna's face. It was relieving to finally have her father included in this.

Luna trusts no one more than Charlie. And she knows he isn't going to let her down. He never has, even though he and her mom got divorced. Which is part of the reason why she doesn't like her mom's new husband, Phil. She only wanted Charlie. And the fact that Phil is a baseball player certainly didn't help.

The front door then opened and it revealed her twin sister. She plummeted to the spot next to Luna with a small smile on her face. Charlie looked to the side to glance at the clock before looking back at his other daughter.

"Four o'clock on the dot. That kid trying to brown-nose me now or something?" Charlie said, earning an amused grin from Luna.

She always enjoyed how Edward annoys her father.