Chapter 11: Aftermath (Mostly Filler)

All Might and the rest of the teacher arrived at the crime scene soon after it had been solved, and the two responsible for the unfathomable defeat of the Nomu were both dead. Bakugo had fought is way out of at least 100 different lower villains (Yeah I boosted the numbers), but regardless of the strength, in numbers they were a massive nuisance to him. 

"Ugh..." Midoriya unnecessarily groaned as Bakugo picked him up off of the ground.

"Ok, I have to ask. What the fuck just happened?" Bakugo asked, still in a little bit of shock, even though it was around 5 minutes after the battle had ended.

"I don't know?!! Tell me how you killed that thing in one shot after I was fighting it for 15 minutes!! I was almost dead and you just come swooping in and blast the damn thing into smithereens!!" Izuku vented.

All Might watched as they walked up the stairs and left the USJ, rambling on and on about the randomness that had occured. Many others were also spectating, being other teachers, Yaoyorozu and Uraraka, Kirishima, and many other students.

They watched the doors shut, and silence took over them all. 

1...

5...

20 seconds...

"O-ok, let's clean this joint up!" Present Mic exclaimed. The students managed to physically and mentally fully reconvene as they walked around cleaning up. All Might snuck away and shifted back to his skinny form and gave a large sigh of relief. Not just because he was in his skinny form, but because he had heard about the monster that was defeated, and he was extremely proud of the two boys who defeated it.

People watching the fight could tell that the Nomu was a beast that was built differently than a normal human. Everything about it was on a level that could truly be matched by All Might.

Had it been analyzed further, people watching the fight would see that Izuku was about to die, and that they only won because Bakugo's quirk was the perfect one for the job. In reality, they shouldn't have won. Every cut that Izuku inflicted was almost completely lucky, even with the boost in speed granted by both of his quirks. Izuku could run across a mile with just Toxin in 30 seconds. About 8 times faster than the fastest recorded quirkless run.

The average human could run a mile in maybe 9-10 minutes. Izuku was 20 times faster than the average human with JUST toxin. That's not even counting the use of One for All. He got a boost with only 8% power that gave him triple the speed, and even then, he could barely do anything.

THAT'S how powerful the Nomu was. Only someone like All Might could pose a threat to the beast.

Izuku was thinking about this as he and Bakugo walked around the outside of the USJ. At 100% of One for All, he would be far, FAR, stronger than All Might, but he just wasn't there yet. Toxin's healing and strength factor helped him substantiate the effects of overusing it, but it was still too much.

The lower villains were being rounded up and taken away. There were tons of them, and it was quite the credit to the U.A. students for being able to take them all out. Stretchers carried them outside to ambulances, because at the end of the day, they were still people, despite their intentions, and heroes were still heroes.

Momo Yaoyorozu was stressed. She was the only one who analyzed the fight as it was occuring, and she could tell that Izuku was outmatched. It was especially terrifying for her. Her eyes were on the verge of overflowing as he barely survived with Bakugo coming in for the save.

She had yet to ask out Izuku, or even talk to him for an extended period of time. It would have devastated her to extreme levels that were hard to fathom for her. In reality, the level of crush that she had on him was generally unjustified, but she had seen all of the traits Izuku possessed, like his kindness and selflessness, determination and perseverance, and his looks definitely didn't make her crush any smaller.

She wanted to go and talk to Izuku, but there was no real chance that presented itself. Bakugo was always around him, and they were inseparable. It wasn't that she disliked him or anything, but it would've looked awkward for her if she tried to talk to him while he was with Izuku. Her decision in the end was to wait for an opportunity, like a sparring match, or a group project with him, or something that could let it happen. Anything was an opportunity.

(Damn... Momo is kinda obsessed. Also, her dumbass forgot that they were the class rep and vice rep together... smh Momo you're disappointing me. I thought you were the smartest or some shit like that!)

Izuku received a text from his mother saying to come home immediately. He told Bakugo that he'd see him later, and ran off back to his house as fast as he could, completely disregarding the existence of a train. People all around him stared at the sprinting boy in a ninja costume and wondered what his deal was.

As he reached his apartment, his breath became unruly and uneven, and he doubled over on the railing of the stairwell. 

'Stupid quirk ban...'

He opened the door to his home and saw his mom in a puddle of tears on the floor. She looked to see him there and cried even harder.

"IZUUUUU!!! YOU SCARED ME SO MUCH, HONEY!!!" She screamed, and the waterworks flooded the room. 

"I'm sorry mom, but I had to step in or people would've gotten hurt! And it's ok, I'm still alive!" He assured her as her tears settled down.

"B-but, I could've lost you... please be more safe!!" Inko pleaded.

"I can't promise my safety, but I can promise that I'll become stronger so that you and everyone else won't have to worry!"

"Izuku, I want you to keep that promise. I don't know if you're fully aware yet... but I don't have much time left. My sickness has gotten worse, and the doctors have no cure..." She gave a solemn look as she stared at the floor. "I can't lose the remaining time I have with you!"

"Mom..." That was all he could get out. Izuku was in fact very aware that his mother's illness was terminal, and he also wanted to enjoy the time he had with her. He walked over and hugged her for what felt like many hours.

"I promise..."