3

There's a little bit of blood in the beginning here, but it's not  graphic! The rest is mainly fluff! 

Dream sat down on the couch. He had woken up a couple hours ago and again, the day seemed plain while he waited for the time he needed to walk to the border. Patches stared up at him with cold, grey-green eyes.

He stared back at the feline, raising his eyebrows. " What? Why are you looking at me like that? " He complained. The cat continued to stare, gradually getting more opaque. Dream shifted backwards, his ears lowering.

" Patches. " He said slowly, feeling uneasy. The cat was quick to lunge on the imp, who gave a yelp of surprise. Patches rubbed her(?) furry cheek against Dream's who grunted in pain as her claws sank into his shoulders.

" Patches, I love you, but can you not use me as a scratching post? " He begged as the cat kneaded him. He winced and finally lifted the cat and placed her next to him.

He rubbed his bleeding shoulders tenderly while giving his cat a stubborn glare.

She just purred loudly in response.

" You're cruel. I hope you know that. " Dream added onto his complaint. He was just glad she hadn't tried to claw his wings, or any other feature really. His ears, tail, and wings were too sensitive for that.

Patches' tail flicked as she gave him a bored look before motioning her head to the door. He looked up and saw the fire had risen pretty high. Panicking, he forgot about his bleeding shoulders and made a run for the door.

" Shit- I'm going to be late. " He cried to himself as he sprinted down the street. He slowed after a while, unable to keep the pace and finally he neared the border and saw George's halo just over the rise.

He jogged down the slope, out of breath. George looked up in surprise as the imp tumbled over, landing on the ground with a thud.

" Are you okay? " He chuckled as he helped Dream sit up. Dream leaned heavily against him. Gasping and spluttering.

" I ran-... All the way here. " He spat out between pants for air. George laughed.

" I'm impressed- " He cut himself off, staring at Dream's shoulder and squinting.

Dream sat up and sheepishly stared down. He knew exactly why George was staring.

" You're bleeding! " Cried George, a look of worry crossing his expression. " What happened? "

" Patches decided I looked like a good scratching post. " Shrugged Dream, rubbing the back of his neck.

George blinked. " Patches is a cat I'm assuming. " He said carefully. " I hope. " He added after a second. Dream nodded.

George blinked. " I didn't realize there were animals in hell. " He hummed.

" Well, we need to eat something. " Dream answered nonchalantly.

" Wh- " George looked up in alarm.

" No- wait- we don't eat our pets! " Yelped Dream. " We still need to eat. So like, beef and stuff. " He mumbled, embarrassed.

George sighed and shook his head. " Gotcha. "

" I don't think we need to eat in heaven, but I do anyways because food. " Remarked George.

Dream chuckled softly. " Yes, because food. " He agreed.

The two sat quietly, enjoying each other's company. George leaned his head on Dream's shoulder and Dream thought he would go into cardiac arrest. He watched the fire blaze.

" I wish you were here with me in heaven. " George spoke up in a hushed tone. " Then we wouldn't have to meet up in secret. " Dream smiled softly.

" I can't argue against that. " He mumbled back. He wrapped an arm around George's shoulder and rested his cheek on top of his head.

Dream slowly shut his eyes and the two sat together peacefully.

The fire burned out into nothing again and Dream moved to leave, only to realize George was asleep. 'What do I dooo... ' Dream internally panicked. His eyes widened slightly. He felt horrible about having to wake George up, but they had to go.

He gently nudged George who shifted. Dream's ears twitched. He could hear footsteps. His heart rate picked up as he shook George more vigorously. " Wake up. Wake up. " He said between his teeth. He finally shoved George off of him, wild with panic.

George's eyes fluttered open and widened quickly. " What? " He angrily whispered.

" We need to go now. " Dream hissed. " I can hear border patrol. " George shot up and Dream did the same and they stumbled before sprinting separate ways. Dream heard border patrol burst through the brush.

He was frozen with fear and realized they didn't see him or George. He felt himself relax slightly, though he was still trembling. The group grumbled and continued walking and he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

He trudged the long way back home and opened the door. " Patches. " He called quietly. The cat burst from his room. She meowed loudly with a stern look, like a mother scolding her child.

He shook his head and made her some food before migrating back to his room. He sat down on his bed and put his head in his hands. " I feel so bad. " He mumbled before laying down. George had looked so peaceful sleeping, but waking him had been necessary he supposed.

He curled up to himself, hiding his small wings. Patches leapt up beside him and curled into his chest, her purrs echoing around the room.

He drifted to sleep despite having a racing mind. 

Critiques or tips?

Sorry about the slightly shorter chapter! I have something planned that I really want to write, but for now I'm just out of ideas for what they should talk about. Any topic suggestions?  

Love y'all 

Moony