(Chapter 28) A Fire For A Heart

Y/n P.O.V

"So Lucinda, I hear you're a witch" Mom asks across the table.

"Yeah, I've been learning since I was three. It's just want I enjoy" Lucinda says.

"Well good for you for doing what you love" Mom says cheerfully then looks over towards me. "And speaking of love"

"Mom!" I cut in. Lucinda giggles.

"What I cant help it. I just so happy my baby's found someone. Also you're really fun to tease" Mom jokes.

"Mommm!" I say.

"Oh she did a lot more than find me" Lucinda flirts.

"Lucinda!" I shout, completely flustered and red in the face. Everyone laughs as I slump back in my seat in an attempt to hide myself.

"Well on a similar note, do you have anyone special in your life Aphmau?" Mom asks.

"Well...." Aph says nervously and Garroth looks shy.

"Nope. If there were anyone in my Mija's life, I would know about it. Besides boys are nothing but trouble" Sylvanna huffs.

"Mom!" Aph moans.

"What? It's true Mija. All boys are trouble" Sylvana says.

"While I agree that some boys can be a pain in the ass" I start.

"Y/n!" Mom interrupts.

"Sorry. But some boys can be nice, take Garroth for instance" I say as I gesture over to him. Garroth starts to look nervous.

"Well Garroth would never get any ideas with little Aphmau" Mom says and Garroth looks increasingly worried.

"All I'm saying is that not all boys are the same" I say.

"We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one" Sylvanna says.

We all continue eating till we hear the sound of the front door open. We all turn to see who it is and Garte and Zane both walk in.

"Hi dad" Vylad and Garroth both say in unison.

Followed by me saying a calm "Hi"

"What's for dinner it smells amazing" He cheerfully says as he and Zane both sit down. "And who's this?" He asks as he looks over to Lucinda.

"I'm Lucinda. I'm your daughters girlfriend" She happy says and I blush slightly.

"Lucinda's really sweet and she's a witch" Mom says.

"A witch?" Garte says slightly angrily.

"Is that a probably?" I say aggressively, jumping to Lucinda's defence. I feel Lucinda's hand interlock with mine under the table.

"No. Just had some bad experiences with magic in the past" He says blankly.

The room stays silent with tension building between Garte and I. I peer over and see that Zane's genuinely smiling. "What's got you so happy?" I ask slightly concerned but also looking for anyway to divert the conversation.

"Nothing" Zane says.

We all finish up dinner with nothing really interesting happening. Zane stays silent and Garte stays suspicious of Lucinda for some weird reason.

"Aphmau, can I talk to you outside quickly" Garroth whispers to Aph.

"What's that all about?" Lucinda asks.

"Don't know. They're both being suspicious" I say we walk over to the sink with everyone's plates. We plop the plates in the sink and start cleaning up. Lucinda washes and I dry. "Sorry about my parents" I say sincerely.