An Exchange of (Mild) Blackmail

Izuku hummed as he prepared a cappuccino, happily pouring it into a cup. He was having a good day, he could say.

He walked up to the table where two students sat at, a couple of cats laying around them, and both having a cat each on their laps.

The two looked up and oh shit, they were Kirishima and Ashido from Class 1-A causing Izuku to smile brightly at them, internally barfing as he did so.

Okay, so maybe he had an unnecessary hatred for the class, well except for Hitoshi and Katsuki, but who cared? Izuku certainly did, but that wasn't important right now.

"Here's your Mocha, and your Cappuccino." he said cheerily as he placed the cups in front of them, both of their eyes lighting up at the sight of their drinks.

"Thanks!" exclaimed Ashido cheerily. Then her eyes stuck on his face, and she hummed. "Wait do I know you from somewhere? You look quite familiar."

Izuku chuckled, not even the slightest bit scared. There was no way they knew he was Deku. It must have been his eyes. they held this certain aura, he was told.

"If that was a pickup line, I am sorry to say that it did not work." he joked, making Kirishima choke, while Ashido laughed, unbothered.

"I like you, man! What's your name? I'm Ashido Mina, you can call me Mina."

Izuku blinked, his acting mode turning on.

"Wait, Ashido from Heroics Class 1-A, UA High School?" he asked, acting surprised.

Both the UA students looked stunned.

Recovering quickly, the pink skinned girl asked:

"Yeah, how did you know?"

Izuku chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck in a brilliant show of acting.

"Ah, two of my friends are in your class. They're my roommates, actually."

Both of their eyes lit up.

"Who are they?" Kirishima asked.

Izuku acted like he was thinking.

"Hmm... they told me about you, well, on did them did, but I don't know if you're acquainted." he said, tapping his chin thoughtfully. "Their names are Bakugou Katsuki and Shinsou Hitoshi."

Both of them choked on their drinks, starting a coughing fit.

Snickering internally, but concerned externally, Izuku leaned forward, eyebrows creased.

"Are you alright? Should I get you some water?"

Ashido finally managed to stop coughing.

"No, *cough* we're okay. Are you sure their names are Bakugou and Shinsou?" she asked in disbelief.

Izuku tilted his head to the side, feigning confusion.

"Yes, is there a problem?"

Ashido and Kirishima looked at each other, then the former started grinning.

"I have got to write this into the group chat! This is amazing!" she exclaimed happily. Then, she swirled around, facing Izuku who made himself flinch in surprise. "What was your name again?"

Izuku blinked, then 'ah'ed.

"Ah, I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you: it's Midoriya Izuku."

Ashido nodded.

"Mind if I take a selfie with you?"

Izuku nodded, internally cackling. Both Katsuki and Hitoshi would be horrified that he'd met their most chaotic classmate.

"Sure."

Ashido immediately scooted to the side, patting the place left on the couch next to him, and Izuku sat, Ashido snapping a picture immediately. She then sent it to the group chat.

With that, Izuku asked a question he already knew the answer to:

"May I ask why you were surprised that I am roommates with Katsuki and Hitoshi?"

Kirishima replied this time.

"Well... not to be rude or anything, but they're not exactly the most... friendliest." he said, glancing at him to see if he was offended.

Izuku just laughed.

"Oh, you've got that right." he said, making the redhead sigh in relief. "It amazes me how we get along so well. I have known Katsuki since we were in diapers, and Hitoshi I met a year ago. It was actually when I was shopping for the café, you know. Someone picked up a fight with him, and I took him here to tend to his wounds. Then we just clicked, I guess."

Hearing about how long he had known Katsuki, Ashido lit up.

"Ooh, tell me more! Know anything embarrassing about them?"

Izuku smirked.

"There was this one time when we were playing hide-and-seek at kindergarten. Katsuki got lost, and when I went to find him..."

{}

They talked for around an hour before they had to go, but by that time they were on first name basis, and the two had learned many embarrassing things about the two anti-social boys.

And Izuku realized that maybe, not everyone of Class 1-A was bad.

Blackmail material is the best, was the shared thought of Mina and Izuku, and they promised to tell each other anything embarrassing about the boys that they found out.

Eijirou thought it was 'not manly' at first, but after hearing about how the explosive boy got his Quirk, he started listening and commenting wholeheartedly as well.

When Izuku arrived home, he was tackled to the floor, and tickled endlessly with the promise of releasing his own embarrassing stories if he told anything else again.

In the end, it was worth it, as when the two boys came home the next day from school, they started chasing him around, the whole neighbourhood hearing their screams as they did so.

He was covered in mud, dirt and bruises after that, but it had been worth it.

Because Mina had told the whole class about everything.