Undercover - Daniel Ricciardo

Requested by uniquejulia. I hope you love this one as much as I do!

You were looking at the pictures of your wedding. It was small because you didn't want to invite a lot of people. You had to lie to everyone around you while being married to the guy you didn't even like. Working for the police, you got assigned to a case with had to do with Formula One. You got an anonymous tip that someone was going after one of the Renault drivers and that something was going on within Renault itself. It was your job to get married to Daniel Ricciardo and figure out who was the target and what was happening within the Renault team. Daniel is the only one who knows about your job because you had to marry him. He doesn't know that you're there to protect him and his teammate. He only knows that you work for the police and that you two needed to get married in order for you to get close to the team. He isn't allowed to tell anyone, and he's okay with that. Because inside your house, the two of you don't even talk. As soon as you head out the door, you're the lovely couple that everybody adores. Because friends and family would come over sometimes, you had pictures of your wedding hanging on the walls in your house. You always wanted to get married; have a big wedding with all of your friends and family. You never imagined that your first marriage would be for your job.

With your suitcase, you walked down the stairs. Daniel was already waiting for you.

'I'm ready,' you said as you grabbed your bag from the table.

Daniel stood up from the couch. Without saying anything to you, he grabbed his suitcase, and you both made your way to the car. Today you were going to fly to Germany, for another race weekend. Luckily you were going to fly in a private plane, so you didn't have to act like you were the happy couple. It was sometimes exhausting, especially around close friends and family. You two got married pretty quickly after you two met. In the beginning, they all thought it was odd, it was nothing like you to get married so fast, but Daniel and his charms got them convinced and they all loved him. You were probably the only one in your family that didn't like him. There was just something with his attitude, the way he was so smiley all the time.

You finally arrived at the track, and now you had to act like you were the happy couple everybody knew. Daniel got out first and held out his hand to help you. Usually, you would decline the offer, but now people were watching you.

'Thanks,' you mumbled.

The two of you got your backs out of the trunk. Daniel grabbed your hand, and you both started to make your way to the Renault facility. It still felt weird that you needed to held hands with him and kiss him, while still paying attention to everything that was happening around you. Every bit of information could help to solve this case. You greeted some people on the grid as you made your way into the Renault motorhome.

You greeted some people and then made your way to Daniel his room. He needed to get changed into his suit.

'I'll turn around,' you mumbled since there was nobody else in the room. It felt awkward. You had never seen on another in underwear, even though you lived together. You respected each other's privacy, and both you rather stay out of each other's way at home.

It was silent between the two of you. You had nothing to discuss.

'So, are we going to kiss after the race?' Daniel asked, and you heard that he wasn't really comfortable talking about it.

'Yeah, I think so,' you answered. If you were together without anybody else around you, these were the things you talked about. Never anything else.

The free practices and qualifying all went well. You talked to Hanna, Sebastian Vettel, his wife, and you hung out with some of the people from Renault. You did your best to do you work to gather some information and then you went out to dinner with Daniel. You talked about the race and acted like everything was normal between the two of you. If you didn't know what was going on behind closed doors, you would never expect that you were faking everything. But somehow, the dinner ended up being not that bad. You talked about other things too then driving, which was fun for a chance.

Today was the race, and everything happened really fast. You were in a good mood and excited to see the race. For the first time, you wanted Daniel to do well. Something changed over the weekend. It wasn't that you loved him and that you were now his biggest fan, but you started to get to know him a little bit better. It was probably because the two of you never gave each other a chance. It was hard to be put in a relationship for a job and not know anything about each other and basically hating one another, but that slowly changed and this weekend you really felt that.

Daniel finished P6, and you were one of the first to see him and kiss him, which felt weird like it has always been. You're kissing a stranger who is your husband. It doesn't make sense. After you had greeted Daniel, you made your way back to the Renault facility where you would wait for him.

You were sitting at the table at the Renault facility, just observing everything. The weekend was almost over, and you couldn't wait to get home. You needed a good sleep without having to act and pay attention all the time. This weekend wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. It was almost fun. You watched as Daniel walked in and made his way over to you. He sat down across from you.

'You're actually not that bad to be around,' Daniel suddenly said.

You looked up in surprise. 'You're not that bad either,' you said with a slight smile.