Episode 21: (Sophie's POV)

Before:

Sophie's fingers tangled in his hair and his hands cupped the back of her neck, pressing them closer together.

Eventually, Sophie ran out of air and broke away, panting.

They both caught their breath, and Fitz gave her a smile that melted the last of her defenses.

So she told him everything.

Every last bit.

Sophie had ten hails that she'd ignored.

She hadn't checked them, hadn't bothered to pick up her imparter and see who was hailing her.

Whoever it was, she didn't want to speak with them.

She was too angry.

She couldn't believe what Fitz had said! She'd told him the secret that wasn't hers, even though she'd promised not to, and it went against her resolve. And then he'd had the nerve to say... everything he'd said! Was she ALLOWED to make her own choices? Did she have ANY free will?

Sophie gripped her pillow and pulled, trying to rip the fabric. But apparently pillows were stronger than they looked, so she just looked like a psycho, punching and scratching at a pillow.

She didn't realize tears were pouring down her face until a drop splattered onto the bed.

Her imparter went off.

Another missed hail.

She didn't care enough to check. She cycled back through her memories of the day, and, even though she didn't want to, watched a replay of her fight with Fitz.

And tried to figure out where they went wrong.

"So you can't tell ANYONE, at all, because this is Marella's secret." Sophie finished, expecting Fitz to sit back stunned, or at least thank her for telling him. They were now sitting on his bed, so close their arms were touching. Sophie had tried to turn off the part of her brain that made her hyper-aware of any point of contact.

But he stayed silent. He pulled back from her, putting some distance between them.

"So... you got anything to say about it?" Sophie prompted, trying not to feel the inches between them.

But he still said nothing, and when he eventually spoke, it was NOT the words Sophie had expected. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Um, I just did." She reminded him.

"But why did you have to keep it a secret? Why did that have to be such a big thing?"

"Because I promised not to tell..." Sophie said slowly. "And it's not my secret anyway."

"Why would Marella want to keep it a secret, anyway?" Fitz crossed his arms, pout returning to his face.

"Um, because it's a huge turning point in her life and she doesn't want the attention? Or a bunch of people trying to get into the Healing Center? Besides, she wasn't the one to decide this. She isn't awake yet," Sophie crossed her arms in return. "She's still ASLEEP from going through a major TRAUMATIC and TIRING thing."

"Well, if I were her, I wouldn't keep it a secret."

"You aren't her! And again, she isn't awake yet!" Sophie was getting more and more annoyed by her usually sweet boyfriend's behavior.

"So? Why should they make this decision for her?"

"Why do you care?" Sophie frowned.