Ch. 8: Unexpected Visitor

(8:00am I was curled up next to Ian in his bed. I was staring at him sleeping; he looked so peaceful, I put a hand gently on his face and caressed his cheek with my thumb. He didn't move so I got up and put on one of his shirts and sweats then went downstairs and started making breakfast. I was flipping pancakes and suddenly the doorbell rings I turned off the stove and I went to open it and to my surprise there was an older long raven-haired woman; she looked at me in disgust)

"Where is my son?" She asked.

(I was going to answer but then she looked behind me)

"Mother, what are you doing here?" Ian said. (Agitated)

(I moved out of the way so she can come in and I closed the door)

"Can't I come visit my son and who is this young lady?" She said.

(She looked at me again, she had this disapproving look in her eyes. Ian sighed)

"Mother, this is Jessie, my girlfriend" Ian said.

(I smiled and blushed but that was soon wiped away)

"She can't be, boy have I taught you nothing, look at her, you need someone better and on your level, like Kathrine" She said.

(Ian rolled his eyes)

"Don't roll your eyes at me, how many times do I have to tell you that, now to this little thing here she can't be your girlfriend she looks like a street rat" She spat.

(I felt so low and I felt Ian getting pissed off)

"First mother I am a grown man or have you forgotten and also Kathrine and I are finished for good. Now there is nothing wrong with Jessie she's beautiful and has a bigger heart than any one especially you" He snapped

(She slapped him and huffed. This time he was fuming, he took a step towards her and wrapped his hand around her throat and I was shocked)

"Mother, don't you ever disrespect me or my girl again," He snapped.

"I'm sorry son" She said. (Choking)

(He let go and she stepped back)

"I love you but you have to get out, you and I both know what I'm capable of and don't look so shocked, don't forget you made me like this " He said.

"Ian, I didn't raise you to settle for someone so below you I let you have your fun with your little play things but now it's time for you to find a real wife, you need to get back with Kathrine" She said.

(I can feel him getting angry again so he stepped towards her until her back was against the door)

"Get out now" He yelled.

(She looked shocked he yelled at her then she looked at me with anger and opened the door)

"This isn't over," She said.

(After that she walked out and closed the door. He picked up the nearest object and throw it against the wall, I jumped a little)

"I'm sorry you had to hear that and see that," He said.

"I'm fine, I've heard worse," I said.

(I looked down and he lifted my head)

"Don't believe anything she says it isn't true," Ian said.

(I nodded and he kissed me gently then let go)

"I'll be back, ok" Ian said.

"Where are you going," I asked.