Chapter 23:

Shelly

"You ready to find out what we are having?" Kaine asks me as he helps me into his car.

I'm now five months and on the way to find out what we are having.

"Yup, I know it's a girl." I said as I put on my seatbelt.

"Shh, stop talking bullshit." He said rubbing my rounded belly. "Don't listen to mommy you're a boy, but just incase you are a girl, I might be in my feelings for a while but daddy still gonna love you."

"Kaleb move." I laughed shewing him.

"Chill, I'm talking to my fuckin baby." He said. "If you are a boy you gonna be a Junior, I don't care what ya mama say. If you are a girl," I chuckled as he sighed all dramatic. "I'ma have to put you under lock and key man."

"Kaleb come on before we be late." I said.

"Okay, damn." He said kissing my stomach then shutting the door.

"So damn extra." I said still smiling.

"What you say smartass?" He asks getting into the drivers seat.

"Nothing boy, just drive."

*

"So do you want to know what you are having or do we want to leave it to be a surprise?" The doctor asks.

"We want to know." I said.

"Well if you look here," He pointed. "You are having a..."

*

"Where y'all coming from?" Nel asks us as we walk inside of her and Kjayy's house. Brandon and Karma were here too.

"Nigga, why you lookin like that?" Kjayy asks Kaine as he looked mad.

"We just came from the doctors? And guess what I am having?" I ask smiling all big as I sat in Kaine's lap. He mugged me but still wrapped his arm around my waist and rubbed my stomach.

"A girl!" Karma cheered. "Now Brei don't have to be the only girl."

I laughed as I nodded.

"Oh shit, I really thought it was gonna be a boy." Kjayy said.

"Me too." Kaine mumbled.

"He salty ass shit." Brandon said.

"Shut yo ass up you wanted a boy too." Kaine said.

"True." Brandon nodded.

"Where all my lil boos at anyways?" I ask about the kids.

"Lil badasses you mean." Kaine mumbled.

"They are not even bad." I said elbowing him lightly.

"Brei with mom, but Jordan sleep and Jaden probably upstairs watching tv or playing that game." Nel said. "And don't call my babies bad Kaine."

"Shell who the fuck keeps calling you private?" Karma asks picking up my phone off the table. It was on silent but I guess she seen it.

"Kaleb's dumbass ex. Tia, Tamara, whatever the fuck her name. She been calling and texting my damn phone, but I blocked her. That don't stop her from calling private tho and from other numbers."

"Calling saying the fuck what?" Nel asks.

"Any lil slick shit the bitch can think of. From she wants Kaine back and she's gonna get him to she is gonna beat my ass after I have my baby." I shrugged nonchalantly.

Karma's head snapped back and she looked between me and Kaine.

"Why the hell yall actin like this is nothing? Ka' what you gotta say about this shit?" Karma asks.

"These mothafuckas ain't no real fuckin threat. Her or Shelly's ex."

"I'm still waiting for the word to take that nigga the fuck out." Brandon said shaking his head.

Him and Z always tell Kaine to just say the word. They're the only niggas in the fam that are still in these streets. Brandon had a reason he didn't grow up with money, but Z did, he just likes the thrill and the fast money. I pray for them all the time and that they'll leave these streets alone.

"Ain't necessary yet." Brandon shrugged nodding.

"Why you looking like that Karma?" I ask. She was shaking her head back and forth with her lips poked out.

"Shit, I'm just waiting for my own signal to beat a bitch the fuck up over mine. Y'all know I'm all for busting a bitch in her mouth a couple of times."

"Yes, we know crazy." Nel said. "We know you and Brandon both with the bullshit. That's why y'all made for each other."

"Well." Karma shrugged.

"It's coo tho." I shrugged. "I'm trying not to worry about the bitch because she's like 19 and I'm 25, but just because I'm older than her I still have no problem laying hands when needed. If girly continues when I have my baby she's fuckin done for."

"Shit why wait when I can beat her ass for you?" Karma asks. "She closer to my age anyways."

"That's why I love you." I said laughing.

"Girl, I'm serious. I love you too tho."

Brandon's phone went off.

"No." Karma said before he even said anything.

"Karmen, babe." He said pulling her into his lap kissing or her neck as she pouted. Awh.

"I'm really over you being in these streets, been over it." She said.

"I gotta make money. I'ma stop soon, I told you that already.

"You always say that."

"Kar-"

She cut him off standing up. "Fine, just take me to get my daughter then go do your bullshit." She says getting up. "Let me know if and when I gotta beat a bitches ass Shelly. See y'all niggas." She said walking out.

"I see I'ma have fuck that smartass mouth right outta her." Brandon mumbled following her.

I shook my head chuckling at Kaine and Kjayy's face.

"They cute as shit." I said.

"Fuck no." Kaine and Kjayy said.

"Ooh can I have some of that?" I ask pointing to Kjayy's chips and gallon of lemonade.

He sucks his teeth. "Only because my niece is in there."

"You don't need no fuckin chips. You need to be eating healthy shit so my babygirl good." I looked at Kaine like he was crazy and continue to eat the chips. "Get ya ass beat Shelly."

I flagged him off and poured me a cup of lemonade.

Jaden came downstairs rubbing his eyes.

"Hey bae." I said.

"Hey bae." He said back hugging me as he poked my stomach as he laid his head on my chest.

"Jay you and Jordan gonna get y'all asses beat over my woman." Kaine said.

Jaden stuck his tongue out at him and Kaine plucked his forehead.

"Leave bae alone." I said as he whined trying to hit Kaine back.

"I'll beat y'all both the fuck up." Kaine said plucking me next.

I rolled my eyes, he's too much for me sometimes.